Thread: Has Anyone Had An AR Upper Built By This Guy?

Default Has Anyone Had An AR Upper Built By This Guy?

http://www.dtechsuperstore.com/

I am very seriously thinking of an upper put together around the .223 WSSM. Not going to be blasting rapid fire, but 7 rounds readily available for medium fur-bearing game sounds like just the ticket for me.
    I know the .223 Rem will work fine, but according to my Load From A Disc a Hornady 55 grain FMJ from my carbine will be:
    16" barrel at 2750 fps and 10* F at 180 ASL, 29" Hg, 65 percent; humidity
    1.01" high at 100 yards, zero at 150 yards and 1.19" low at 175 yards

24" barrel at 3850 fps same conditions
    1.11" high at 130-135 yards, zero at 210 yards and 1.30" low at 245 yards (1.08" low at 240 yards).

Dang!!

With a Shilen Select-Match barrel, a benchrest reamer, 1" barrel all the way out...I think the rifle would be a death ray.

With a 2x8 Leupold on my AR, I could zero at 210 yards and forget about holdover. Anything wolf sized past 245 yards I wouldn't be able to see anyway.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I have used his Shilen barrels for guns I build. His 6x45 barrel is on a gun I kept for myself and it is a sub MOA all day long. His machine work is good.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Thank you sir, this is exactly the sort of report I am looking for.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...