Thread: Cordova hunting/ wildlife

Default Cordova hunting/ wildlife

Well I am down here in Cordova working for the next week and was curious if there's any deer hunting or viewing on the road system. I've taken a few drives and haven't seen any thing other than birds and sea otters. I'm working on a sunken vessel so we are working odd hours. Any body have any tips where I can see some deer without a boat. Thanks

I don't think you're going to see any deer around town. You'd have to get over to the island.

Are they finally going to get rid of that dang boat this year?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

You in the coast guard? Is that the landing craft or barge in the harbor that you are working on? They were working on that last month.

There are a few deer in the ski hill area and North of there above Hippy Cove. Also you can find a few out Whitshed Road. You might try going up the trail at Hartney Creek. And last, Go to the trail head at Eyak River and go in a short ways and work your way up in the timber up the first Mt on your right. All those places have deer, tho not in the numbers the islands do. I've even seen a couple deer on Eyak Lake when it's frozen including one that a coyote eventually killed. Oh, and if you go to Skaters Cabin just past the small airport in town and hike up the Crater Lake trail, you might see deer up in there. That's around the Mt from the ski hill.

And thanks for getting that d#*ned boat out of the Harbor!
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Deer have been taken, not recently, up Crater Lake Trail, up Power Creek or along the road system. I have seen sign, but not one in person.

THanks for the tips. It's the landing craft and no I'm not coast guard all though I have been talking lots of hunting with one of them. I'll have to take a hike if this weather clears.