Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Discrimination!!!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sandpoint, ID
    Posts
    1,971

    Default Discrimination!!!

    Up until the time I stopped smoking 10 years ago I had the perfect FAA body...5'-9"....170 lbs. Now it has ballooned to 200 lbs+/- and I can't loose the weight. Doctor say stay fat...don't smoke!!

    OK, maybe I'm asking too much but why doesn't anyone make pants, specifically good quality hunting/outdoor pants for short fat people?

    Am I the only person on the planet that needs a 40" waist and 29" inseam or maybe a 28" to keep the pants out of the mud?? I think not!!

    I don't think it is an engineering problem or a production problem and with so much stuff being made in countries with short folks I simply don't understand it!!

    Does anyone know of a solution, "short" of a seamstress?
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

  2. #2

    Default

    Stretching Exercises! And some cowboy boots.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sandpoint, ID
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Cute....at least you didn't suggest a spike heel.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

  4. #4
    Moderator Daveinthebush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Valdez, Alaska
    Posts
    4,402

    Default

    I used to be a 40 waist and a 29-30 leg. Best thing I ever did was to plan a sheep hunt and buy a tread mill. I lost 30 pounds and dropped to a 36-38. Most hunting clothes/pants are going to be too long. I had the girlfriend hem the last set of Cabela's pants. There are tailor shops around that can hem them for you too.

    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

  5. #5
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    I am 40-30 and I have no issue finding pants. Now, coats that fit around my gut is completely another problem. What kind of pants are you looking for?

  6. #6
    Thewolfwatching
    Guest

    Default

    I'm a 24X29 and I cant tell you!! **** hard finding good gear - I have to shop in the lil boys section LOL!! Improvise!! Let's just say while I look **** funny in my Carharts I have a good belt.. HA! Otherwise scissors/knife work good too.. been there a time or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    Up until the time I stopped smoking 10 years ago I had the perfect FAA body...5'-9"....170 lbs. Now it has ballooned to 200 lbs+/- and I can't loose the weight. Doctor say stay fat...don't smoke!!

    OK, maybe I'm asking too much but why doesn't anyone make pants, specifically good quality hunting/outdoor pants for short fat people?

    Am I the only person on the planet that needs a 40" waist and 29" inseam or maybe a 28" to keep the pants out of the mud?? I think not!!

    I don't think it is an engineering problem or a production problem and with so much stuff being made in countries with short folks I simply don't understand it!!

    Does anyone know of a solution, "short" of a seamstress?

  7. #7
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    well heck you guys got it easy!

    try finding a pair of pants with 3 legs! now thats a real bugger.
    Semper Fi!

  8. #8

    Default

    greythorn3,
    Ask Thewolfwatching to borrow the scissors or knife!!!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  9. #9
    Thewolfwatching
    Guest

    Default

    Well one thing is for sure... I like my knife.... ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    greythorn3,
    Ask Thewolfwatching to borrow the scissors or knife!!!

  10. #10
    Thewolfwatching
    Guest

    Default

    but... yes, no ONE can borrow it.. It's mine and I dont like sharing... Sorry..
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfwatching View Post
    Well one thing is for sure... I like my knife.... ;-)

  11. #11
    Member Blue Mist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    well heck you guys got it easy!

    try finding a pair of pants with 3 legs! now thats a real bugger.
    I am sorry Greythorn, I am new here so was researching trying to find the pants for you and the fellow I spoke with said "greythorn wears his backwards" Is there something else we should know before continuing to find the appropiate pants for you? ~Mist~

  12. #12
    Member .338-06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    well heck you guys got it easy!

    try finding a pair of pants with 3 legs! now thats a real bugger.
    Do what I do, wrap that third leg 'round your waist. 'Course then you'd have to wear size 50 pants, like I do.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

  13. #13
    Thewolfwatching
    Guest

    Default

    Okay kids/gents... get some sleep would you! G'night...
    Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post
    Do what I do, wrap that third leg 'round your waist. 'Course then you'd have to wear size 50 pants, like I do.

  14. #14

    Default

    At least you can chop off a pair of pants...my problem's the opposite: try finding pants other than jeans in size 32w x 36l

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •