Thread: Final Product: Caribou Assassin Gun

Default Final Product: Caribou Assassin Gun

HPIM2986.jpg

My new toy. It will be perfect for the game 'Sneak up to the caribou and shoot 'em.' 34.25" extended, I dont have a scale but it feels a little under 7 pounds, maybe 6.5-ish. Have to thank AKBEE for giving me that Weaver K4 that now sits on it. Lu at The Ammo Can cut and re-crowned the barrel for a mere $50 and set up and boresighted the scope when I bought the scope rings. Such a nice, helpful guy over there, I encourage you to go buy up the pallets of ammo he always has in stock. The stock was $96 online. Total cost to convert from the original setup: $162

This will be very functional for packing into and out of the walk in only area this fall. Even more importantly, it looks so dang cool, which as we all know, translates into better performance. Since it looks like a ninja gun, I'm assuming I will now walk with perfect stealth and awareness. Look out Nelchina herd!
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Now I'm starting to think maybe a 7mm-08 version next.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

You might want to add a hammer extender, looks like it might be hard to reach the hammer with the scope on. I had one on my NEF, it attaches to the hammer and lets you cock it from the side.

Sweet looking rig!!!

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I've actually never had trouble getting to the hammer with my Encore. I have smaller hands so maybe other people would, but it's perfect for me.

Andrew:
    You are welcome- nice looking and practical set-up. I hope it shoots as well as it looks!
    BEE

than an encore? what caliber? good looking gun, I like short guns, cause I like hunting the brush
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

.223 Remington

Good looking setup sir!! Should be a fun little gun for tipping over some caribou. Just remember its just gotta work for you. I have something funky in the works myself, just gotta work for your uses. I hear ya on the small hands thing also. I have no problems with my dainty hands reaching the hammer on my scoped Encore either.

Th ultimate in kewl, which would promote you to Grand Master, would be a can to keep it as quiet as it is deadly effective.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...