Thread: 2012 Licenses available!

Default 2012 Licenses available!

It's not too early to start thinking about ordering your new fishing license. Avoid a last-minute rush to pick one up for your New Years expeditions.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=license.main

Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

This sucks. No fishing for me tomorrow, or the next day, or...

It's been 3 weeks since I ordered my 2012 licenses online. Still haven't received the new license in the mail and the temporary license you get when you buy online expires today.

Holidays hold-up at F&G?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    This sucks. No fishing for me tomorrow, or the next day, or...

It's been 3 weeks since I ordered my 2012 licenses online. Still haven't received the new license in the mail and the temporary license you get when you buy online expires today.

Holidays hold-up at F&G?
    how long do they take? i ordered mine 3 days ago

They are supposed to be in your hands in less than 21 days, hence the reason the receipt that you can print out is only good for 21 days. IIRC, last year I had the real licenses in the mail in less than 2 weeks. Makes less sense when you consider that the holidays were on weekends this year, so they've had plenty of business days to get it done. Not sure why they haven't arrived yet this time (neither mine or the wife's), but I ordered them at the beginning of December so that I would definitely have them in hand before the end of year. Now I'm stuck with an expired temp and no real license and can't go drill holes in the ice tomorrow, or for as many days after that I have to wait for the licenses to arrive.

They took the money out of my account the day after placing the order, so they are bought and paid for. But what can you do, file a complaint with the BBB against ADF&G?

BTW, if you ordered 3 days ago, you're good to fish for the next 18 days still. Just print a copy of the receipt/temp license you got at the end of the online ordering process.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

yea i understood the license i just didnt wanna be left hanging in the dark like you

When you purchase your license online, instead of having them mail it to you, choose the print option. Thay way you have your 2012 valid license in your hand immediately. I purchase my hunting / fishing combo with king stamp all on line and print it out right away.

Exactly what I did Jeff. I had to look a little further down the page but that is an option. I tried to get a waterfowl stamp too but too early I guess. I'm legal for 2012! More hard water to come soon!

I printed my license also..AND.. they sent me one by mail in less than a week. I bought my hunting/fishing/trapping license when I put in for my draw tags several weeks ago

OK, so I have to withdraw all my cursing of F&G and the Post Office. Being the 1st, I started into the pile of bills this afternoon and slipped in between the 2 envelopes from the Alaska student loan program was my license. It was mailed 2 days after I ordered it and apparently was mistaken for a student loan bill as it arrived along with those. Being from the state, it is the same type envelope with very similar address printed on it. Thus it was placed in the bill pile and I didn't see it when I got in from work the next week and went through the rest of the mail.

So I could have gone fishing this morning anyway and didn't even know it.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!