Thread: Fur washing/drying questions

Outta Big Lake

Default Fur washing/drying questions

After 3 years of hard hunting and trapping, I finally shot my first fox last night calling how the indians did 100 yards, ago, by kissing the back of my hand. shot it head on, center punched it through the chest with a 22 but had to track in a mile and a half through waste deep snow and finally found it curled up on top of a steep ridge. got home at 1:30 got to sleep at 3 and got up at 6 to go to work.

I will post the rest of the story later,

my question is, I fleshed then wasted the fur, but now what? I have it on a stretcher now, but the fur is loosely matted, you know how it looks right after you wash it. what do I do? comb it? let it dry a bit on the stretcher? take it off the stretcher or what. A quick reply would be great as I'm really tired and I don't want to mess up my first fox.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

PM Sent ~Mist~

put your finger in the nose and pop it like a towel. That will sling most of the water out of it and the hair should stand back up.