Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska is the most gun freindly State! Who is the worst?

Default Alaska is the most gun freindly State! Who is the worst?

I pulled out my copy of " Travelers Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States"
    to see how Alaska ranked and you guys were number one. It has a rating system
    0-100 and Alaska was a 99. Congratulations!

I thought you might want to see how other States ranked and they are as follows;

Texas 91
    Florida 90
    California 39
    New York 33
    Maryland & Illinois 30
    Conneticut 27
    Massachusetts & Hawaii 13
    And the winner is............. Washington D.C. with a whopping 3! ( no surprise)

If any of you want to know how a particular State ranked just let me know. This list
    are just the highs and the lows. If you want to get your own copy you can order
    at: gunlawguide.com

Quote Originally Posted by tabmarine View Post
    If any of you want to know how a particular State ranked just let me know.
    If you don't mind, would you list the top 5?
    What were the ranks for UT, OK, and NM?
    Inspiration is simply the momentary cessation of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    If you don't mind, would you list the top 5?
    What were the ranks for UT, OK, and NM?
    The top five are:

Alaska 99
    Colorado & Vermont 98
    Missouri 94
    Texas & New Mexico 91
    Florida, Arizona, Louisiana, Idaho, Kentucky, Mississippi, 90

Utah is 84
    Oklahoma is 80
    and as mentioned above NM is 91

Here in NY if you have a Pistol Permit they wave the 5 day wait period if you are buying a long gun.
    For pistols purchase tickets, in my county, it takes between 1 - 4 months wait before you can get your ticket and pick up your purchase. I am presently waiting.

20 miles away in Vermont, you just go and buy what you want and take it with you.

New York is ridiculous. You guys need to "secede" from New York City, and jettison the nutty politicians in Albany. Massachusetts is nuts, too. You have to get a permit to possess pepper spray!

I used to live in IL and I am amazed they rate a 30. They had the Firearms Owner ID card (FOID) if you were to even think about having your firearm outside of the walls of your home. You could go two places with your firearm: 1. to the range, and 2. to hunt. If you went hunting or to the range you HAD to have the firearm and the ammo separated and inaccessible to each other. A real pain.

The crooked corrupt politicians in Illinois are afraid of an armed population. Just ask Blaggo Attachment 55622

Iím thinking that is an older copy. My copy from 2000 has AZ at 90 and they have passed laws since then that put them very close to Alaska. NM is an odd one, I got pulled over west of Pie Town in the late 90s, was issued a hunting without a license ticket because I had a loaded 30-30 in the back window. I was hauling 6 cords firewood back to Arizona at the time not hunting at all, hadnít been hunting, never hunted in NM!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

We darn well love our guns but ammo is a pain in comparison to the lower 48. Is it the postal service and FedEx like companies that regulate live ammo to AK or is it legislative? I wish I could take some of the online deals like I'm sure you do too.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Iím thinking that is an older copy. My copy from 2000 has AZ at 90 and they have passed laws since then that put them very close to Alaska. NM is an odd one, I got pulled over west of Pie Town in the late 90s, was issued a hunting without a license ticket because I had a loaded 30-30 in the back window. I was hauling 6 cords firewood back to Arizona at the time not hunting at all, hadnít been hunting, never hunted in NM!
    Yes this is an older copy 2008. We were taught in our CWP class given by a retired NYC Police officer that
    even with any given laws that all to offen the Police makes his "own" interpetation of the situation.

Straight from my 2011 gun guide, here is the list of states that are 90 and over:

AK = 99
    AZ = 99
    VT = 99
    UT= 93
    MO = 92
    NM = 91
    CO = 91
    SD =91
    TX = 91
    VA = 90
    WY = 90
    MT = 90
    ID = 90
    MS = 90

If you have never seen this book it is well worth the money if you do any traveling while carrying firearms. I usually buy my copy from the NRA web site but you can go straight to books site at: www.gunlawguide.com

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSunRebel View Post
    We darn well love our guns but ammo is a pain in comparison to the lower 48. Is it the postal service and FedEx like companies that regulate live ammo to AK or is it legislative? I wish I could take some of the online deals like I'm sure you do too.
    It's the US-DOT and FAA Haz-Mat that's the trouble.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Yes this is an older copy 2008. We were taught in our CWP class given by a retired NYC Police officer that
    even with any given laws that all to offen the Police makes his "own" interpetation of the situation.
    Itís in the NM hunting regs (or was then) that if you had a loaded gun in an area where a season was on-going you ARE hunting and therefore need a license. NM is odd, itís a Western ďcowboyĒ state full of good folks but there is a huge liberal voting base in Alba-query and Santa Fe messing everything up . . . just like in Cali, the city folks make the law of the land the out numbered common sense country folk got to live by.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by mfletcher View Post
    Straight from my 2011 gun guide, here is the list of states that are 90 and over:

AK = 99
    AZ = 99
    VT = 99
    Yea thatís what I thought, AK, AZ, and VT all about even now days. VT is always surprising to me, surrounded by all those anti-gun hot spots there sits an island of freedom.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

The top five are:
    Thanks for posting the info tabmarine. Interesting how different the rankings are from my experiences with local culture while traveling in or through many of those states.
    Inspiration is simply the momentary cessation of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe454 View Post
    Here in NY if you have a Pistol Permit they wave the 5 day wait period if you are buying a long gun.
    For pistols purchase tickets, in my county, it takes between 1 - 4 months wait before you can get your ticket and pick up your purchase. I am presently waiting.

20 miles away in Vermont, you just go and buy what you want and take it with you.
    i used to live in upstate NY, i managed to get an extra coupon when i moved back to NY from Hawaii, my NAVY days, since i didnt need to turn in a coupon for my 9mm i had it listed on my permit at the begining of the application, i ended up with an extra. Besides Schuyler county is a pistol friendly county, Steuben is really bad along with Chemung county.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by jmckenney View Post
    The crooked corrupt politicians in Illinois are afraid of an armed population. Just ask Blaggo Attachment 55622
    We are slowly cleaning out the Riff Raff in IL and then we will all hold hands in the streets and be friends here! I think we will have to build a prison just for politicians here soon - good grief!
    I was competing in a sporting clays tournament in Wis several years ago and it is common practice to use golf carts with gun racks that hold the guns upright as we go thru a course. Well, first day 2 LEO's stopped many of us ( there were hundreds of competitors ) and issued warning's for uncased guns - they said they would be back the next day ( 4 day event ) and write real tickets - so we all had to buy soft gun cases!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Late summer 1978, the Navy decided to send my ship to the yards in East Boston, MA.
    I had my wife and one kid stuffed into my Chevelle SS, (Alaska Plates) and a trunk load of rifles and pistols.
    As I hit the Massachusetts border there was a big sign stating what the mandatory prison sentence was for possession of any firearm.
    I remember thinking that I had just died and gone to hell.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

yeah dont count on this for long, alot of liberals ******* are moving to alaska, if you see one tell them to go back the the 48, or even better tell them to go back to europe, im sure all the nazis over there will take kindly to their polices

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieJames7 View Post
    yeah dont count on this for long, alot of liberals ******* are moving to alaska, if you see one tell them to go back the the 48, or even better tell them to go back to europe, im sure all the nazis over there will take kindly to their polices
    Europe's not all bad.

Here in Norway one can walk into a Shop and buy a suppressor,you do not need to be a Norwegian citizen to own a gun and members of the National Gard and retired Officers can keep their AG-3 (full auto copy of H&K G3) in their homes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast