Thread: Rabbits

Default Rabbits

My daughter wants to go hunting and i was hoping to find some information on a decent place to hunt some rabbits within a couple hours of North Pole. If anybody has an area that may be worth driving to i would appreciate any advice/info. Thanks.

Default Rabbits

I can't give any specific locations, but just go out to the dike early in the morning or later in the afternoon (although morning seems to work better for me). It may seem like there are to many people out there for good hunting, but I've never run into anyone while out walking around. Generally the thicker the brush the better it is for rabbits, but in the mornings they will come out into more open country and they will be sunning themselves on any hill or ridge the can find. Try to walk the smowmachine trails, and avoid the more heavily used roads. Walk slow and look under brush piles or downed trees. This is usually good for a couple rabbits and/or grouse. Maybe it's an obvious place, but it has treated me well over the years. I hope you and your daughter have a good time.

If you and your daughter can't find rabbits I may be able to give you a more specific location

-Eric

Thumbs up C'mon lab man

delete.delete
    Last edited by riverboater; 03-27-2007 at 21:21. Reason: better Idea
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

Thumbs up C'mon lab man

I know you can do better than that lab man, give 'em a good spot just kidding

Some of the islands on the Tanana have good bunny populations.

There are also some good holes out Delta way.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

Default rabbits

Thanks for the info guys. We will probably head south Saturday and then try going north Sunday and see what we can find. I do remember coming back from my sheep hunt in August and seeing rabbits everywhere along the side of the road on the way back from Glennallen. Thanks again.