Thread: Caribou Project Gun, Phase 2, pictures

Default Caribou Project Gun, Phase 2, pictures

Before:

IMG_0059.jpg
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

After:

HPIM2983.jpg
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Hmmm, a folding stock making a rifle actually look better. Wonders never cease to amaze! That will be a darn handy caribou getter for sure!

I see more than a caribou gun. How about a packable rifle for sheep and goats.??

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Its the beginning of a whole new set of possibilities. The one lame thing about it is the Thompson Center .223 barrel is the 1:12" twist. It limits me to 55 or 62 grain bullets. That makes really long shots less likely, especially up in that windy sheep and goat country. Perfect for medium-close range caribou. I'm excited. It's a matter now of procuring a scope and finding out what the heaviest bullets this thing can shoot right are.

Very COOL!!

I have a Contender with the plastic stock with a 20" 7mm TCU barrel that is really nice but it has a fixed stock. I really like the idea of the folder for a pack gun with maybe a 16" 6.8 SPC barrel for bigger stuff and a .22LR or Mag for little critters. Or you could get a .375 JDJ (444 necked down to .375) and it would handle most anything you'd run into.

That's a great idea you have there!!