Thread: Where is a good pricing website for used machines???

Default Where is a good pricing website for used machines???

I have a 1996 Polaris 500 EFI with 1700 hundred "women" miles on it. It has reverse and is in mint condition. I have been searching the web but can't find a site that might tell me the value of it. Is it worth the time to talk to a dealer? Anyone have a site that I'm too stupid to find? Figured this would be the best place to ask!!!!As I am maybe thinking of selling it, cause I don't ride it enough.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Nada should have it listed...

http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycle...dard-Equipment

If you compare the prices NADA lists to those listed on craigslist, you will commonly see the average NADA retail is less than the asking prices. I don't think NADA takes location into consideration, although I'm unsure if it recognizes IP address location and then compensates for that. Regardless, do a search on all the classified sites and see where yours falls in quality compared to their asking price. Then adjust the price based on how much interest you gather / need.

here,s link to Kelly Blue book, But just guide like last post.. I have seen some machines sell for 2x of there [Book] value..depends what model and how popular it is..
    http://www.kbb.com/snowmobile/

Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you fella's to help another fella out. Funny, there is actually a 300 variance between Kelly and Nada, go figure!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

I peruse craigslist every day sometimes two or three times a day. It's a hobby or addiction Anyway, without even looking at NADA or Kelly Blue book I'd say that if you were somewhere around $1,800 to $2K you'd be in the ball park and then OBO from there. I just bought a 1995 Indy Trail Deluxe 2700 miles, two-up with electric start, reverse, rack listed for $1,600 got it for $1,400. Yours has less miles, is EFI and mint so I think $2k would be a good starting point. And I will agree with the other posters, use NADA if you are financing because that is the price that the banks will loan up to, but NADA is usally short a few hundred bucks or even thousands compared to what you see posted and moving on craigslist.

Dude, you are my hero. Thanks for the advice!!!!! And to the rest of you as well!!!!