Thread: KRYPTEK introduces NEW Camo Pattern

Default KRYPTEK introduces NEW Camo Pattern

I know everyone loves the Mountain Mimicry camo that Kryptek reintroduced, but you have to check out this NEW pattern they just introduced. This stuff is and will be ideal for Alaska's landscapes.

Check it out, very cool stuff.

http://www.kryptek.com/leaf/

Looks even better up close in your hands.

larry

Interesting....... Kinda diggin' that Yeti pattern.
    Now what ?

I don't know; reminds me of my wife's leopard pattern skirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bartlett View Post
    Looks even better up close in your hands.
    And why does it matter what it looks like from distance of 2 feet?

Man they need to sell these patterns to Activision!!! My Modern Warfare 3 character would be decked out......

Quote Originally Posted by vadimb View Post
    I don't know; reminds me of my wife's leopard pattern skirts.
    had to edit.. too easy..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

My first impression was that they took the idea behind Mothwing mixed it with Sitka Optifade and this was the result. It looks kind of cool but don't know if it makes sense in the woods.

I hope they don't do like Sitka did when they invented their own camo pattern then got rid if the Mothwing Mountain Mimicry. Mountain Mimicry is by far one of the greatest patterns invented, or at least I think so.

I don't know. It doesn't look any better than logden green wool pants with a red plaid wool shirt to me. And the price tag pretty much sux, especially when you look at the finished products that are covered with those goofy solid color patches with bright red company logos printed all over the place. What's the point of "camo" if you're going to ruin it with all that trash?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

If you have to have access to Arcteryx LEAF check those out.

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Larry, I'm not a camo junkie. When is some inflatable company going to introduce the big rig?

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    I don't know. It doesn't look any better than logden green wool pants with a red plaid wool shirt to me. And the price tag pretty much sux, especially when you look at the finished products that are covered with those goofy solid color patches with bright red company logos printed all over the place. What's the point of "camo" if you're going to ruin it with all that trash?
    Are you talking about the watermark on the photos or is there a big logo on these products I'm not seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Are you talking about the watermark on the photos or is there a big logo on these products I'm not seeing?
    Take a look at their product lineup. Every zipper pull has the red logo. Big red logo emblazoned on the chest. And then they put those goofy looking black patch pockets on the exterior of the shirts and pants, again splattered with the red logo. Then go look through their photo gallery. I mean these guys are not in it for a real camo pattern, they are all about making a fashion statement. Camo vest and pants... with a red back pack and sitting on a bright blue boat. Gimme a break.

Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Everyone is in it for the fashion statement and latest greatest T.V. / gunrag must haves.Camo serves some purpose in combat but not the hunting fields.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I take a guy like Larry Bartlett's word pretty serious when it comes to quality of gear, check out some of the products he has produced over the years and it doesn't take long to know he knows quality when he sees it. Personally I have seen the 2012 line up and it is exciting to see a new company make such great leaps and bounds in the hunting gear industry.

Kryptek will completely do away with the solid color pockets and accent colors on all of their future lines so no more of that, Thanks for pointing that out JOAT! The new camo patterns look great and has been tested to the extreme in all environments to maximize the ability to blend. The mothwing pattern will remain for 2012 as well and there is rumor of some of their products coming out in solids for those of you who would rather have your gear in solid earth tone colors. To me it really doesn't matter whether it comes in solids or camo, I'm concern more about the technical aspects and performance of the gear.

RC

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Camo serves some purpose in combat but not the hunting fields.
    I agree with you on most hunting in AK, but I know of people that have successfully used their camo while sheep/mountain goat hunting to their advantage...

camo market these days is about selling camo and making money. We all know we could still hunt just fine out there without it, occasionaly like huntak said it does make a difference. playing the wind and terrian will still be the trump card everytime, haven't seen a camo yet that i can walk around in the open and not be seen. sitting still and slow moving playing the vegitation and terrian can be done in just about any common sense clothes colors or the old school camo.
    its marketing, if you like it, you'll buy it. no way they can prove the deer can't see it.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

The only camo I've ever seen the need for is snow camo for winter predator hunting. Other than that, I'm old school. I don't wear colors that will clash with my environment, but movement is more important that color. If you're aware of your surroundings, don't skyline yourself, and are careful about how you move, camo isn't necessary for the kind of hunting I do. I can't count how many times I've been sitting in the open on a hillside and had other hunters pass right by without seeing me. I also can't count how many times I've gotten close enough to hear an animal breath before shooting it without camo. I think I'll save my money for guns and optics.
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Take a look at their product lineup. Every zipper pull has the red logo. Big red logo emblazoned on the chest. And then they put those goofy looking black patch pockets on the exterior of the shirts and pants, again splattered with the red logo. Then go look through their photo gallery. I mean these guys are not in it for a real camo pattern, they are all about making a fashion statement. Camo vest and pants... with a red back pack and sitting on a bright blue boat. Gimme a break.

If you knew the background of the company, your opinion would be different.. It couldn't be farther from the truth..

A "real" camo pattern ... please do your research. they developed their own camo pattern, and tested it, as well as introduced it to the military... style may sell it, but the quality and development give them the competitive advantage.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

I prefer Chips blue check with abit of duct tape on the shoulder he used on last musk Ox hunt.He does take the most game so his pattern is best.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I prefer Chips blue check with abit of duct tape on the shoulder he used on last musk Ox hunt.He does take the most game so his pattern is best.
    I agree and noticed the duct tape too. I guess that provided some wind protection.