Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gettin Jiggy 2012 Kids Ice Fishing Derby

Default Gettin Jiggy 2012 Kids Ice Fishing Derby

it looks like Gettin Jiggy 2012 will be held at Finger Lake this year on February 25th, mark your calendars tell your friends and your friends friends! Base camp will be the Elks Lodge with easy lake access.

im telling everybody early because i know a few of you adults out there like to hit up the lake before hand to find the good spots for their kids. its gotten kinda competitive over the years...

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...ail&LakeID=401

more info to come as the event gets closer.
    last year we had 328 registered kids!!!

ALL proceeds to benefit the Alaska Chapter of the Make A Wish Foundation!!!

Preed, thanks for putting up this tournament. It was great to bring the nephew out to catch some fish last year, he sure had a good time. We will be back out again this year for sure, looking forward to it. Maybe there will be another Jedi sighting? Thanks again for the work you do to make this happen.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

It was great being there last year with my boys. They were a little too young to enter but they had a blast just seeing all the sights and sounds. They loved seeing the gas auger in action. My boys and I will be back again this year. Looking forward to it again.

I'll also be attending this year I missed it last year due to forgetting
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

does anybody know of someone in the business of porta potties? the guy who has donated them in the past for the derby is no longer around. this is a hard item to find as most of them i have asked in the past will not drive on a lake.

also looking for donations. if anybody knows of any business's that can help out in terms of donating prizes (prizes for kids or a larger adult raffle prize) or donating cash please let me know. didnt get a big return this year on my mailings so anything will help.

gettin busy with gettin jiggy

thanks for any input!

P.S. we will actually be giving a kid and his family a wish this year! his wish is to go Alaska Ice Fishing! pretty cool stuff right there i tell ya! seeing as i am not an avid fisherman of Finger Lake, if anybody has a good spot i could set this family on id really appreciate it. i have all the gear i just need a spot. pm me if you wanna keep it private.

just had a 8" ice auger donated for the adult raffle drawing by AIH!
    pretty exciting!

flyers updated, ive heard there just may be a rifle in our auction! thanks for every ones help!

got my answer

this will be my last year I am able to do it. I have done it 2 years before, it a good gig, thanks for putting it on! Next year I might sign up to help drill holes or something
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

thanks, its a lot of fun, most kids have a blast, fishing or just playing around.

i try to have at least 5 hole drillers, im thinking im 1 shy right now.

still have no Finger lake intel for my wish kid coming, ill trade every spot i know for 1 good spot for this family. im heading out tonight to preview the shanty for them and make sure its all good to go.

still have no porta cans...

tickets will be available at Wasillas Sportsmans Warehouse very soon...

can we still enter when we get there to fish or do I have to buy the ticket at sprotsmans?
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

everything, including a "Sportsmans Warehouse store" will be available at the lake! hows that for service! haha

Dang son, this is getting better every year! if there is anything I can do to help, shoot me a PM. I have never fished finger lake so I don't know any good spot for the MAW people

derby and raffle tickets are now on sale at wasillas sportsmans warehouse

we also have a real coffee vendor (Mobile Mocha Express) coming this year and a girl scout troop will be there selling cookies...

we have also gotten confirmation Eddie Maxwell and KAYO 100.9 Country Legends will be delivering free hot chocolate to the kids on the lake also made possible by The Elks Lodge!!!

My kids would really like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TundraSudsDotCom View Post
    My kids would really like this one.
    oh yeah the kids love the derby!

tell every one you know, tell every one you dont know, tell your friends, tell your friends friends! Saturday February 25th Elks Lodge Finger Lake... be there!

great pic! love the bucket, Thank You Home Depot!!! these buckets sure help us out with the catch and release rule. if you catch, store for verification (the bucket) and release we will add an extra inch to your length!!!

Can I buy when I get there? If the kids are over the snot production endurance race we are all wanting to come. They would love it.

yes, registration is available at the lake on saturday, see ya there!

not only are we raising money to grant wishes we are actually granting an ice fishing wish!

Florida family is on their way, see attached press release
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast