Thread: Mat-su bow

Default Mat-su bow

The day started off slow.... very slow, then out of nowwhere wham my rod made a b-line for the hole, i grabbed it and set the hook then snap my rod busted in hafl, the fight was on and finally after a couple of minute battle with just a reel this decent mat-su bow was landed.

http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_pic...a790d1a3126e77
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

That's a much nicer fish than the little bow that saved me from a skunking today! SLOW is right. He broke your rod in half??? As some folks would say, "you weren't doing it right!".

hahaha it was a home made rod that i bult from a broken 3wt fly-rod, i think the breakage was my fault being i had just set it down to take a break and thats when it darted towards the hole and i set the hook rather aggresively.
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

When are you guys working? These reports are killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    An old wise man once said "work is for people who don't know how to fish". lol I happened to have a couple mid-week days off. For what it's worth, I got absolutely skunked at Quartz yesterday, ditto for my buddy, and caught my "sympathy fish" today.....an 11" rainbow.....just minutes before quitting!

I would have preferred being at work these two days, earning some fun money for future, more fruitful trips!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    thats what i was thinking haha. i don't work but i goto school and still don't have the time. tell me the secrets! haha
    hook, line, sinker, done.

That is known as intermittent reinforcement. It was what keeps us casting for one more fix. The tug is the drug!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffpappy View Post
    An old wise man once said "work is for people who don't know how to fish". lol I happened to have a couple mid-week days off. For what it's worth, I got absolutely skunked at Quartz yesterday, ditto for my buddy, and caught my "sympathy fish" today.....an 11" rainbow.....just minutes before quitting!

I would have preferred being at work these two days, earning some fun money for future, more fruitful trips!