Thread: 454 SRH Saves The Day

Lynn told me this story before I saw the video clip and it went down exactly as he said. He is an exceptional shot and his reactions are fantastic.

Wonder where he hit it? Would be neat to see some after action pictures of what it took to stop it!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Wonder where he hit it? Would be neat to see some after action pictures of what it took to stop it!
    I believe he brained it with his first shot.

I believe the man needs serious therapy.

Ya, you can see where it hit the ground after the first shot, must got the cns somewhere. whoowheeee....
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I don't think I'll be taking up the spear as my #1 hunting tool. Great shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by redale View Post
    I believe the man needs serious therapy.
    I've had the exact same pistol for 5 months now and I love it for it's power and extreme accuracy. I would trust this gun with my life way over my S&W 329 44 mag. He may be crazy a bit, but he had the right back-up pistol made in my opinion.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

I think he did great, but watching him fumble with his revo reminds me of why a bit shorter barrel is a good idea...

Quote Originally Posted by HBM View Post
    I think he did great, but watching him fumble with his revo reminds me of why a bit shorter barrel is a good idea...
    You guys with your short barreled underweight revolvers are dreamers. The heavy long barrel gun may take a half second longer to get out, but it hits it's spot in one shot, versous the short light gun that takes 3 shots to get it online in a panic shot. I carried my heavy Casull on my chest for 3 months this fall and at 61 with a bad back, I didn't even know it was there. With a good chest holster, they come out just as fast as a short light weight gun does. Wait till you meet your first charging Grizzly and you'll know instantaneously the difference between a real protector gun and a frickin light weight lead slinger...JMO off course.
    The 454 Casull Super Redhawk is an awsome gun for self protection agains't big animals. Use your light weight 329's and sh*t at home to scare away robbers. I say scare cuz chances are you'll miss em with that sh*t anyway.............lol
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardC View Post
    I don't think I'll be taking up the spear as my #1 hunting tool. Great shooting!
    Me too, at least for hunting critters bigger than me!
    I thought this was a spoof of something like the Jackass movies. Going after a water buffalo with a spear on purpose with nothing but a dirt clod for cover it a kind of crazy I left behind in my teen years . . . and glad of it too.

I wasnít at all surprised he caught that twig with a horn, they know where them horns are at just like we do our hands . . . used to toss rocks at a longhorn we had and heíd smack them right back at you like Babe Ruth. Good shootin there at the end though, hard to shoot when runnin like a spooked rabbit. First round did the trick but took some more to convince our adrenalin pumped hero it was dead enough.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyH View Post
    You guys with your short barreled underweight revolvers are dreamers. The heavy long barrel gun may take a half second longer to get out, but it hits it's spot in one shot, versous the short light gun that takes 3 shots to get it online in a panic shot. I carried my heavy Casull on my chest for 3 months this fall and at 61 with a bad back, I didn't even know it was there. With a good chest holster, they come out just as fast as a short light weight gun does. Wait till you meet your first charging Grizzly and you'll know instantaneously the difference between a real protector gun and a frickin light weight lead slinger...JMO off course.
    The 454 Casull Super Redhawk is an awsome gun for self protection agains't big animals. Use your light weight 329's and sh*t at home to scare away robbers. I say scare cuz chances are you'll miss em with that sh*t anyway.............lol
    I didn't say ultralight snub, I just like the idea of not having to pull a gun into my armpit to clear the holster... Not having the holster banging against my ankle or dragging along the ground is just an added bonus...

On another note, watch when the buff raises his head. He catches the movement of Lynn throwing the spear, and is in the act of charging. It wasn't reacting to the spear, it was reacting to Lynn's presence and movement.

Lynn may be a large man but don't let his size fool you he's pretty quick. He's very good at martial arts and is the second best knife fighter I've ever seen behind Bill Bagwell, who happene to be Lynn's friend. Lynn has also killed a Alaskan grizzly with a 44 Super Blackhawk. Lynn just likes an out of the ordinary challenge, ocasionally.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by HBM View Post
    On another note, watch when the buff raises his head. He catches the movement of Lynn throwing the spear, and is in the act of charging. It wasn't reacting to the spear, it was reacting to Lynn's presence and movement.
    No he saw the man and was deciding how to react, then (just like Lynn said in the video) it saw the spear in the air and deliberately caught it with a horn as it was starting the charge. I know bovines, they are as good with those horns as we are with our hands, it definitely intended to swat that thing away . . . then mash the poop out of the thrower. I have been mashed by a jersey bull in a very similar foolish situation and Iím not kidding about the poop.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Now that was cool. He dominated with that pistol.