Thread: Looking to buy riverboat

Default Looking to buy riverboat

I am looking to buy a used riverboat sometime between now and spring. I am open to most things but the only thing I must have is a center/side steering console, no tillers. Price range is up to $8K

Anyone out there selling a nice boat?

THANKS!!

I would keep an eye out on Craigslist and alaskalist. You should be able to find something in that price range especially this time of year. Just make sure you have the boat inspected and tested.
    Tony

Thanks Tony.....I have been watching both for a while now but it seems to be the same 10 boats over and over again. I guess I will just keep checking until I find the right one. As far as inspected and tested, who do you suggest for that? Any charge?

Well, I am not aware of anyone in Wasilla, but I believe you have 1 or 2 choices (check past threads around boat surveys.) In Anchorage, I would use Ben at Silver Streak, he's top notch and know's boats well. Depending on the engine, I would take it to the appropiate outboard shop. Not sure of your knowledge and all so it is a safty measure thing. As for cost, yes, always is, but I would rather spend a few hundred bucks and walk away if need be rather than $8k and then being stuck with a headache.

As for watching for the listings, it's just a matter of time, someone is going to be leaving the state at the last minute, divource, need money, PCS'ing for the military folks etc. Deals are out there just need to keep an eye out.
    Tony

Keep an eye on Craigslist. I second Ben at silverstreak. He put a new bottom on my predator. Did a great job.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Ha, not real efficient as far as a fishing boat, but boy can you imagine how fast you'd get the fishing holes...

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/2740204512.html

Sorry, had to...
    Tony

Just bumping to the top........still looking

There is a thread where a guy wants to know if anyone would be interested in his sportjet. You two should hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by STEELHED View Post
    Just bumping to the top........still looking
    Maybe not a sportjet. I'm not a river boat guy but here his the thread.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...dge-Alaskan-XL

I would LOVE a Alaskan xl but don't think that is in the budget, and I'm not sure that guy wants to sell it anyway......

Sure I would sell it...but not for 8k