Thread: USA Foxx and Furs ??

Default USA Foxx and Furs ??

Has anyone used USA Foxx and Furs for outside tanning?

http://www.usafoxx.com/fur-tanning-pricelist.htm

yes I have and a buddy of mine uses them as well. no complaints, everything has always come back good and in a timely matter.

USA fox is not a tannery, they are just a middle man to a tannery. They are a garment maker. If you want some honest reviews to USA fox, ask about them on www.trapperman.com.

After reading countless threads a year about the horror stories I would NEVER use them. Moyles and tubari are the places to go.

Supporting Member

USA Foxx is the place to send your damaged goods and they will miraculously come back to you in great shape! I sent a dozen mink in (with no paws) to be dyed black. After waiting an extra month past my promised "completion date" , I called Wayne Nurmi (Owner) and he said they were just being shipped that very day. Three days later I received a dozen dyed mink that had all their paws and claws intact. Some poor trapper went to all the extra work and then no doubt ended up with my mink. The reason they can produce garments so cheaply is they require twice the amount of pelts and make two items, one of which is returned to you.
    All my tanning for the last 7 years has been with Furs For Fun in Rupert, Idaho. Hector gives the AFTA members wholesale tanning prices and guarantees you get your own furs back. Not necessarily the fastest tannery, but I get consistent quality and am very pleased with the tanning.

Avoid usa foxx like the plague. Sent them some beaver to get a hat made. The hat I received was not the same color as the beavers I sent in, nor were they as full. Learned my lesson and will never deal with them again. I send my furs to moyles to be tanned and they are great. I have heard only good things about Tubari also.

yep i sent my first ever trapped fox to them, i did get my animal back but with no tail. i will use fff or moyles from now on.

Had some wolves tanned by USA Foxx, came back good. I've had Wayne make me some fur coats and they were great and he was good to work with, but have heard horror stories on the tanning part. I send my first big shipment of beaver to be tanned to Moyles, so hoping that the come back great! I was impressed with their customer service so far as I had 3 bags shipped down and one didn't show up and they kept calling until it did, so that is a + in my book!

I have used USA Foxx & Fur but had some issues with fur damage during tanning. I have now used Moyles Mink for 3 or 4 years and am happier with the quality.