Thread: FAA head DUI

Default FAA head DUI

http://news.yahoo.com/faa-chief-char...192752609.html

Let see if that ruins his career.
    The winner isn't the person with the most gold when they die, but rather, the person with the most stories.

FAA needs to leave GA alone and stop wasting our tax dollars.

RR

If I had to work with those yahoos, I would try to stay half loaded as well.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    If I had to work with those yahoos, I would try to stay half loaded as well.
    Ha thats a great comment.

I'd tell ya abt the two I had to deal with last summer but I don't want to have ta double up on the BP medication Ha!.

Probably means he'll end up in the ANC FSDO.

Quote Originally Posted by akaviator View Post
    Probably means he'll end up in the ANC FSDO.

And that would be bad????????????? Think about it...
    Tim

At least he was a pilot.... something odd in the FAA upper tiers these days.

I feel bad for him. He doesn't deserve to have his personal life smeared on the news. I'd have quit, too. Well, I'd have never taken the job considering the current administration but I still feel bad for the public exposure of a personal mistake.

i agree, what does his personal mistakes have to do with his job. if he is competent at his job let the higher ups decide if public image is more important than getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    I feel bad for him. He doesn't deserve to have his personal life smeared on the news. I'd have quit, too. Well, I'd have never taken the job considering the current administration but I still feel bad for the public exposure of a personal mistake.
    Will you at least admit that he commmitted a crime? Drunk driving is at least that. And on the wrong side of the road? Isn't that also a no-no? I don't think I can give him much leeway. I'm just glad that he didn't bump head-on into an oncoming car with a man at the wheel and his four children strapped in. His "mistake" wasn't in the drinking - - - it was in the DWI trip. And a public position almost always earns public exposure, good or bad.

Remember when the American pilot of a JAL 747 tried an intersection departure at International? Left raw hamburger all over the runway, as I recall. He actually had to be helped to the airplane.

Have I ever driven while drunk? Yep. Was I eever caught? Nope. Am I sorry that I drove while clearly impaired? Yep. Will I ever do it again? Nope.

He's been charged, not convicted. That used to be an important distinction. It still is to me.

What's the difference between your self-confessed indiscretion and Mr. Babbit's highly publicized one? There's no difference to me. I don't care about either one.

Thumbs up

No Loss here. The guy was no better than those he worked for and suffered for it. Corruption breeds more of the same.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

He's been charged, not convicted. That used to be an important distinction. It still is to me.

What's the difference between your self-confessed indiscretion and Mr. Babbit's highly publicized one? There's no difference to me. I don't care about either one.
    Then why are you on here commenting on it?

Well, I agree with much of what you say, Mr. Pid. But if he wasn't drunk, you'll have to admit that he didn't have his mind on his driving. He was on the wrond side of the bloody road, for Pete's sake! You might care, I suppose, if he hit your parents' car, or maybe the car that was carrying your children . . . ?

And, you're right - - - there's no difference between Mr Battit's indiscretion and mine.

He was on the wrong side of the bloody road
    Maybe... that info is from a news source (oxymoron). Maybe he just cut the fog line or center line. Back during the 20 years I submitted reports to the courts, I saw the newspapers or TV get the facts correct only,,,lets see,,, i guess never.
    Unfortunately for him, his job made sure he was tried in the press, long before he will be able to be tried in court.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcWest View Post
    Then why are you on here commenting on it?
    I was commenting in response to unwarranted prejudice, or so I thought. Trial by internet doesn't impress me. Wasting the Bush Flying thread on this crap doesn't either. Have any good flying topics?