Thread: New forum banner is torture!

Default New forum banner is torture!

Anyone else finding the new forum banner photo a little torturous? Only 250 days till sheep season 2012!

Nope unfortunately I dont get all excited over sheep hunting... Now mule deer that's a different story...

Funny, I was just thinking about posting about the new photo also. Both torturous and fantastic at the same time. This is my favorite one so far...not sure who controls changing the banners out but I vote for leaving this one.

I'm loving it. I'm in the thick of planning our sheep hunt for next year right now, and that picture just reminds me to keep after it. Our original plans for next August probably aren't going to pencil out since our pilot likely can't work within our rather tight date confines, so we're looking into other services, areas, or possibly walk-in options. We start work at the latest point in years next fall, so we're going to make it happen one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Anyone else finding the new forum banner photo a little torturous?
    Yeah, that sheep's got a really nice....uh....well....
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Perfect quartering away bow shot. Is he legal?

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Perfect quartering away bow shot. Is he legal?
    If not he is DARN close and if that pic was taken this year he will be next!

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Nope unfortunately I dont get all excited over sheep hunting... Now mule deer that's a different story...
    Haha 323 I been chasin mulies all weekend! In central Idaho but doe only, got a nice big doe Saturday morning, yea so it's a doe but hey man I've seen BIG BRUISER BUCKS all that day and today as well.......saw over 200 deer.....6 for sure record class bucks, besides many that were just awesome lookin, the buck that spotted me at 40 yards as I moved in on the group i took the doe from was a wide and tall 4X6 with big eyeguards and a droptine..... Dad says nice buck but nothin for this country....a Truly exciting hunt wish I had a good camera with me..... I mean I saw a buck this morning antlers skylined and I said hey dad look at that elk up there oh **** wait no that's a giant mulie buck dude seriously his rack was that big all you saw was antlers skylined, the salmon river valley is crazy rugged country too my god! Will post story and pics when I return.....

Release Lake Trout

Glad you guys like the Dall sheep banner.... all of our banners come from area photographers, who have provided them for our use on the site. You can see more of their stuff by clicking "About Us" at the top of the page, then scrolling down to "Our Photographers".

This banner came from Tracey Harmon, who is fast becoming a photographer in his own right. HERE IS HIS DALL SHEEP GALLERY; there are some real monsters in there. I know some of these images are available as prints, if you contact him. He would love to talk to you about that.

If you have images you think might work for our banners, by all means contact me. Our requirements are fairly straightforward; they have to fit on a narrow aspect ratio, which often limits what we can use. Some time you might poke around in the main headings above to see some other banners we're using; as you see, we just switched to our winter stuff. We try to change them out quarterly.

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Nice work Mike, now I couldn't just look through that gallery and not buy some. Those photos are inspirational and fantastic! Good way to promote his work. I've got three large prints enroute to my house. That black and white of the huge ram is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighorse View Post
    Nice work Mike, now I couldn't just look through that gallery and not buy some. Those photos are inspirational and fantastic! Good way to promote his work. I've got three large prints enroute to my house. That black and white of the huge ram is great.
    I hear you! A 30x30 of that "Dream Ram" pic sure would look nice next to my desk in the office!

Not torture at all. Beautiful picture though.

Hey guys,

I'll tell you what torture is; looking out the window at work, wishing that I was out there "shooting" sheep! In short, I'd rather be in the field with gun or camera! However, since I can't get outside right now, I will, over the next few evenings, throw some SHEEP! pictures on my web site. Seņor Bighorse, thank you for the order. Your photos will be on the way to you soon. C04Hoosier, north way...thank you. LuJon, I had myself a 12" X 18" printed of the Dream Ram. I hope to have it framed, and hung, in my office this week. Then, I can torture myself a bit more, looking and wishing!

Good luck searching for your own Dream Rams!

Tracey

Stunning photography, to be sure
    best I've ever seen

What an awe inspiring animal, those are
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Anyone else finding the new forum banner photo a little torturous?
    whatcha think that sheep has a nice butt?

I hear you! A 30x30 of that "Dream Ram" pic sure would look nice next to my desk in the office!

The mount on my wall would be really great!
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.