Thread: First Lynx

Default First Lynx

About a week ago I went out and checked my one of my trails and had a lynx follow my trail, dodging snares for about 400 yards. About 30 yards shy of my cubby, he bailed on the trail down a drainage. That day, I built up a new cubby in a better location where I've seen multiple lynx pass by. Built the cubby w/ a grouse wing hanging over the entrance & beaver meat inside for bait. Placed a bridger #4 longspring (all I had left in my trapbox) just outside the front & snared the backside of the tree. Saturday, I went out to check my line. Turning a corner, I got my Bravo's right ski stuck on a stump jutting out of the snow. Got off my machine to lift up and over. Get back on my machine and look up and see this gal staring right at me. Seems like every time I go into a set, always expecting to see something. This time I was too focused on my hung up ski to be expecting anything and bam, there it is, my first lynx. Here are a few pictures of my kitty cat.

Last edited by Brian M; 12-04-2011 at 22:24. Reason: replacing [url] tags with [img] tags to show pictures in-line

Simply awesome!

Congrats predator!!!
    Hoping to get my 1st when it opens down this way this year.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, United States

Funnel those snares a little more and if there are more cats in the area they will be back through. Nice catch for sure, they are cool critters.

That's a beautiful cat.

Nice job. I like shot of the glowing eyes. They are cool animals.

She is pretty. Nice photos. Looks like your hard work is paying off handsomely. Hope your sets don't get too frozen up in the rain you are having. Good luck the rest of the season.
    ARR

Congrats on the success.

Nice job,

Must be serious thrill to see those eyes staring back,
    And for the first time, not disappearing seconds later into the woods

Awesome critter those are
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Great job and nice looking lynx. Keep after them, lots of lynx around this year it seems.

Nicely done!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like he was gona take that steel up the tree with him.
    I'm Pro-Pike.

Nice cat!!

Awesome cat, you skinning it or mounting it?

NICE! good looking cat
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

I'm leaving Alaska in about a year and a half and always thought lynx are awesome critters. I'd regret it if I didn't get it mounted so I'm getting a full mount done. Working with the taxadermist to see if he can get it mounted climbing up the tree like one of the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak_Predator View Post
    I'm leaving Alaska in about a year and a half and always thought lynx are awesome critters. I'd regret it if I didn't get it mounted so I'm getting a full mount done. Working with the taxadermist to see if he can get it mounted climbing up the tree like one of the pictures.
    Great Response,... to the finding of one of "The Finest," animals that roam the state,

in my view, totally exotic

what a "story starter," for the rest of your travels

Wish I was you,...well except for the leaving AK part
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !