Thread: Fiberform Flybirdge

Default Fiberform Flybirdge

I would like to remove the flybridge from my 28ft 1976 fiberform. Does anybody have some suggestions before I tear headlong into it? I need it gone to fit into a garage this winter for a refit and I just don't use it anyway. I would much rather the boat be lower profile and have a good rack system for the dingy, pots etc.

maybe leave some of it intact to use as part of the rack system? otherwise mark it out and go to work with a sawzall!!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Sounds like a guy I know who told his wife he was going to buy a new boat, she thought a small dingy was coming home, instead she found a 1976 Fiberform project in her yard.....and than there were two! Hope to see you on the water... maybe next year?

Bolts and screws sound a bit more civilized than a saws all, albeit not as much fun. I might want to put it back on some day, so keeping it intact may prove useful. If not, then I am not apposed to hack away.

It does seem that "Seeker" knows the story, maybe he would like to come over and help with the flybridge project?

Dave I got sawsall you can use.... you guys going have her sea worthy for this summer.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

A boat payment is cheaper that the fuel cost to run them two 350.....our Yamaha 115 sip the fuel on the kingfisher
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Sure. And I'll bring some beer, extra blades for the sawsall and a video camera just to capture it all. If it goes bad we can have a huge bonfire and try again on the other one....?

She should be ready to go by the spring. We were almost ready this year, but I had a few emergencies and was gone for most of the summer. Not working for 2 months took a toll on my checkbook and the boat sat.

The motors run, we have the electronics and hydraulics ready to install. The outdrives have been rebuilt. We just need them all put together and do some small fiberglass work. The garage is behind my office and I will have it for a few weeks at the end of the month. I hope screws and bolts are the way to go instead of hack and saw.

The Fuel saved and a King fisher with a 115's will not even come close to the price of a new boat, nice try. You all are just jealous of my cheap heaping mess of a boat and you know it. She is going to be a work horse. The deer will not know what his them next fall.

Dave it will nice see you guys get into water. As far as me jealous nope. Ill dig of a picture of our old fiberform. She a good boat. Lots of room. You going be for the winter king Derby.

Ready for the derby yes, only if I get the stupid top off!!

See you there (hopefully).

I finally got the time to remove the flybridge. Really not all that hard. I took the trim pieces off the sides and removed maybe 6 more screws and that was about all holding it on to the roof. The controls were long gone otherwise there would have been a bunch of wires to cut and label. The railing were more difficult to remove. The screws, nut and bolts were all corroded and would not turn. I drilled some out and cut some railings off with a saws all (potbuilder was right). We spent some time try to figure a good way to remove it without dinging the boat or destroying the top. In the end, we just tipped it over the side of the boat and landed it upside down. Two guys accomplished this without much problem and the flybridge stayed intact. It is quite heavy, maybe 200 pounds. I think the boat will be much more stable without it. Now I have some place for the dingy and kayaks. I am putting it in a heated garage/warehouse today to get a jump on some repairs before spring.