Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sea Sport back in business

Default Sea Sport back in business

Looks that way. Glad to see it. I loved my 22 Seasport. Hope to have the 28 in 2013.

http://www.waypointboats.com/
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Thanks for the info. It is interesting that they show the big Cat, but the Voyager and Offshore are missing from the initial lineup.

My favorite boat layout/interior in that size range is the 27' Pilot. I'd like to see that back in a lineup.

If they could now bring back Aluminum Chambered Boats and Maxweld the world would be a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by elim View Post
    If they could now bring back Aluminum Chambered Boats and Maxweld the world would be a better place.
    If you are interested in an ACB there was a really nice one with low hours (~240 I recall) for sale in Valdez Harbor last September, probably still there...it was abut 5 years old...

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    My favorite boat layout/interior in that size range is the 27' Pilot. I'd like to see that back in a lineup.

Agreed, however I really like the flybridge option on the 27 Adventurer.

what size?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ron View Post
    If you are interested in an ACB there was a really nice one with low hours (~240 I recall) for sale in Valdez Harbor last September, probably still there...it was abut 5 years old...

A friend of mine who used to work at Seasport until they closed shop, told me that it was his understanding Triton marine had recently acquired the Seasport molds. So all those boat builders (C-Dory, Skagit Orca, Osprey, Tomcat, and Seasport) are now under one roof in Bellingham. I love the style and ruggedness of the Seasports, but the visibility out of the cabin of most of their models (and the skagit orcas) left something to be desired. I always preferred the better visibility of the Osprey. It's good to see all these boats are still being built, it would be a shame to have those perfectly good molds go to waste.

Scuttlebutt is Triton Marine will be the manufacture, Waypoint is just a dealer.
    Triton Marine builds C-dory boats also; they must have picked up the SP molds that have been held by the Bank.
    Maybe the 27ft pilothouse wasn't part of the deal or is still in negotiations or something.

Email response from CD website:

The Lindhouts, the same builders that have built the boat for the last 10 years, will be producing the 2012 and future models under their new flag, Triton Marine Industries. We are all pretty excited about it!
    Best regards,
    Buck W. Fowler
    Waypoint Marine
    www.wpmarine.com
    5350 30th Ave NW Suite C
    Seattle WA. 98107
    (206) 284-0200 office"

Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

You can pry my cold dead hand off the helm of my 2003 Osprey 26 LC after you kill me ..... Fantastic boat would not think of going to sea in anything else .... by far the best small ... big water boat out there. Hope they make them in the future, but America has changed, very few Americans can afford a low six figure boat. Thank you Mr. Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderpro View Post
    A friend of mine who used to work at Seasport until they closed shop, told me that it was his understanding Triton marine had recently acquired the Seasport molds. So all those boat builders (C-Dory, Skagit Orca, Osprey, Tomcat, and Seasport) are now under one roof in Bellingham. I love the style and ruggedness of the Seasports, but the visibility out of the cabin of most of their models (and the skagit orcas) left something to be desired. I always preferred the better visibility of the Osprey. It's good to see all these boats are still being built, it would be a shame to have those perfectly good molds go to waste.

Glad to see they are bringing back the Pilot!

http://www.waypointboats.com/boats/detail/seasport-4

Yay!

I wonder if twin OB's will be an option....

Yay!

I wonder if twin OB's will be an option....
    The 26.5` Pilot can have the Chevy big block (355 horse), single Yam 350, or twin yam 150s according to the site. I personally dream of a twin 200 Etec Pilot.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    The 26.5` Pilot can have the Chevy big block (355 horse), single Yam 350, or twin yam 150s according to the site. I personally dream of a twin 200 Etec Pilot.
    If I'd looked a little closer at the specs I would have noticed those engine options....thanks.

Twin 200's would be nice...I was thinking of Yamahas, but Etecs would work for me as well. I'd need a bigger fuel tank, too.

If I'd looked a little closer at the specs I would have noticed those engine options....thanks.

Twin 200's would be nice...I was thinking of Yamahas, but Etecs would work for me as well. I'd need a bigger fuel tank, too.
    I was doing the math with the 160 tank and figured I`d just use a bladder tank on deck for the first leg of big adventures.
    Of course I`m just dreaming out loud...I just have a Zodiac rib and 4 girls...the chances of me getting one are pretty darn slim!

Heavy Hitter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    I was doing the math with the 160 tank and figured I`d just use a bladder tank on deck for the first leg of big adventures.
    Of course I`m just dreaming out loud...I just have a Zodiac rib and 4 girls...the chances of me getting one are pretty darn slim!
    Yup, I hear you. I'm just doing "wishful thinking" at this point. My dad used to have a 27 Pilot, and I loved that boat. I still see it in Whittier, and it makes me want to jump on board.

What I'd really like is to use some of the layout ideas from the Pilot and have Wooldridge do a custom build for me on their 29' Pilot hull....

Yup, I hear you. I'm just doing "wishful thinking" at this point. My dad used to have a 27 Pilot, and I loved that boat. I still see it in Whittier, and it makes me want to jump on board.

What I'd really like is to use some of the layout ideas from the Pilot and have Wooldridge do a custom build for me on their 29' Pilot hull....
    I like how you think...just wish they would add some side height to their boats...sit dang low in the water. I guess if they ever got into 18` seas that would make a difference in design. I like the little 20 but it looks like it wouild roll in heavy seas.

Heavy Hitter Fishing

I never could stand the fact the you have a hell of a time seeing out of a Seasport.

I have to confess that I've never been out on a Seasport, but I'm aware of their excellent reputation. I'm curious why a couple of you have said the visibility out of them is an issue. From the pictures, I can't tell that their window size or location is really any different than other boats (fiberglass or alloy).

the windows rake forward so far and sit quite a ways out in front of you so it looks like you are looking thru a tunnel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast