Thread: Flooded 2004 Skandic 600 SUV and idle issues??????????

Default Flooded 2004 Skandic 600 SUV and idle issues??????????

I got to run my 2004 Skandic 600 SUV WT a several weeks ago and let it sit. I work out of town so I don't start them all the time. About 3 weeks went by and I was able to get back home, I attempted to start it in -11 deg F and the battery slowly was dying, so I ended up letting it sit again. I went back to work for a cpl weeks and I'm back here. I towed it into the heated garage and pulled the pluds and they were badly fouled and wet. I went the the SkiDoo shop and bought 4 (2 spares). I read in my manual that the gap for the plugs should be gapped at .45, but I also read to not adjust plugs, I'm assuming from the .45 setting? I pulled the plugs out of my Skandic and they were no where even clode to .45, more like .15, not much gap at all. I cranked the starter and manually pulled started with the plugs out to get any excess fuel out as per the book, I put my new gapped plugs in and no joy, no choke and nothing, choke and nothing, pulled and nothing, electric start and nothing. I'm wondering if the plugs were factory set, they looked really clode to the same gap as my other ones I pulled, bu tthe book stated .45? Anyway she's not firing up....
    One more thing, I've had the machine for a yr and a half with no issues, other than she idles really low and dies if I don't give her alittle has to keep the idle up, headlights are barely visible while at idle until I give it some throttle, how can I adjust the throttle to idle a little higher?
    Any suggestions on either?
    Thanks Billy Jack
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Don't know what book you're looking at but your sled runs a .18 gap on the plugs. There is a knurled screw on the side of each carb to turn in to turn the idle up. Turn them both equal amount to keep carbs synced. Dribble a bit of gas in each hole and see if it will fire. Sometimes it takes something like this to get fuel to the carbs after sitting long periods of time. Do you have spark?

here,s link to what some on the doo talk where saying. post # 11.http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index....owtopic=180753
    somes it up.If it is flooded, i would not add any more fuel too it. clean the plugs, charge batt so spins fast.. and start opening throttle while spining even all then way see if she will fire..If not pull the plugs,Ck, if there wet if so dry try again.. if dry than add little drops to the hole..try All this asumming you have spark..I think when you ran batt. down she was not spinning fast enough to catch, and there fore fouled the plugs wet.. Just my guess.. i have seen them so flooded that fuel was dripping out the exhaust.. I have been known to use propane torch to dry plugs off.. and screw them in while there still warm.. Some bad gas will do this also.. might have to drop float bowls ck to see whats in there.. little water will keep it from firing. to.. Remember engine needs spark, and fuel to fire.Thats it.. Ck..Your red button engine shut off right handle is in run postion, also wouldn,t be the first time i have seen this too.I remember one time some guys had half the stuff apart, and i walked up pulled up on that knob couples times and started first pull.. good luck with it. let know what you find..

Read the book wrong, for gap it has .45 and (.018), on another page ( ) denotes U.S. measurements. I regapped the plugs and let it sit over night and she fired right up. Just need to adjust the idle now. Thanks Billy Jack.
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.