Thread: Remington 597 in 22 Mag

Default Remington 597 in 22 Mag

I had a 17 HMR barrel on the the gun and it was recalled by Remington so I had them put a 22 Mag barrel on the gun for free. First shots today with 40 gr PMC HP 2" at 100 yds and Winchester 40 gr HP went into an 1" or so at 100 yds. Only glitch was the mags. I had to squirt them with CLP to get them to feed properly. Once they were slicked up they worked perfectly for a 100 rounds. All in all , I'm happy with the conversion even if it was free.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Lowrider:

If you keep that up, you'll hafta change your user-name to "Highrider".

I would be most pleased with that kinda akkercy from my 22 Mag.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Smitty,

I don't mean to rub it in but my CZ in 22 Mag does a litttle better than this Remington...consistant 1.5" and sometimes a little better with CCI Maxi-Mags.

They actually rebarreled if for ya ha. I will keep my 597 with the .17HMR barrel and keep shooting the same problem free bullets I have been. Remington has refused to rebarrel mine and only offered the insulting scratch of nearly nothing to get my rifle back. Remington can suck *ss for what they did to 95% of 597 owners. Havn't bought a Remmy product since.

Glad your able to get good groups and that Remmy treated you righ, your one of a very few!

Bliss,

They told me the same thing when the recall first came out but apparently they have changed their tune. All I did was call the customer service number listed on the recall notice. They asked for my SN, name, address and so on and in about 10 minutes they emailed me a UPS paid label and I boxed the gun and off it went. It took about 5 weeks and I got the gun back all ready to go. I really can't complain about the service on this issue. I must say I am really surprised at the accuracy I'm getting out of the new .22 Mag barrel.

I do have an issue with their cheap azz 22 LR shells that blew up my P22. Remington won't do anything saying it is a Walther (S&W) problem and Walther says it is a Remington problem. I just keep the gun to show everyone what happened. Remington sucked big time on that one.