Thread: Open for comments, but be polite

Default Open for comments, but be polite

Anyone got any comments on the TV shows Son of a Gun or the one called Gunsmoke?

I enjoy both shows, but then again I like guns. I take both with a grain of salt and view them as entertainment. The second show is American Guns and features the Gunsmoke shop. All reality shows are dramatized so nothing new there.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Gun Smoke had an episode with a Smoking Hot Lady ordering a custom Pink 1911. I liked that one: I watch both shows and I find both interesting and someone entertaining.

I watch sons of guns it's okay show would I buy a gun from the hell no... Heck they use shaw barrels on thier AR's lol if you all know anything about barrels shaw is way at the bottom...

I don't waste my time watching TV, just stare at the computer screen instead.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Man, I grew up watching Gunsmoke! I bet I haven't seen that show for 30 years though.....

Never heard of "Son of a Gun".
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Watta JOKE / JOKES.

I don't like either one of them.

They're always building something CRAZY.

Neither, seem to be representative of what gunsmithing is all about.

I sure wouldn't let such Nervous, Hyper, jerks do any work for me.

The only ones worse, are the so-called "Hunting" shows, with the "Good Ole Boys" and their phony Southern Accents.

You see them "talking" when an animal is approaching CLOSE. If that's real and not staged, the game must be tame as cattle.

That's about as "polite" as I can manage, on the subject.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Man, I grew up watching Gunsmoke! I bet I haven't seen that show for 30 years though.....

Never heard of "Son of a Gun".
    Try this for Gunsmoke http://www.archive.org/details/OTRR_Gunsmoke_Singles
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    Now that is a cool site. Thanks for posting that. Rep inbound.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I just enjoy seeing shows about guns on channels other than the outdoor channel. I think the deadlines they impose on the gunshops are stupid though. Some guy wants 4 MG42s made plus a quad mount in one week. I would tell the guy to get lost or give me a month at the least. Putting those kind of timelines on people is just an invitation for a half assed gun being made. No time for R&D, let alone safety.

My main interest in guns are older guns, like SAA, 1911s and lever action rifles, so American Guns (The Gunsmoke Show) is a good show to me, because they show a lot of these. I have a few black guns myself, but to me the historical guns are more interesting.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I prefer the shows that showcase current production guns, or historical guns. I'm not much interested in an oxygen tank converted to launch bowling balls with black powder. (The only episode I watched) There is zero practical value there. It just made me want to go load some 200 gr. slugs for my 30-06, which I did.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    I just enjoy seeing shows about guns on channels other than the outdoor channel. I think the deadlines they impose on the gunshops are stupid though. Some guy wants 4 MG42s made plus a quad mount in one week. I would tell the guy to get lost or give me a month at the least. Putting those kind of timelines on people is just an invitation for a half assed gun being made. No time for R&D, let alone safety.

My main interest in guns are older guns, like SAA, 1911s and lever action rifles, so American Guns (The Gunsmoke Show) is a good show to me, because they show a lot of these. I have a few black guns myself, but to me the historical guns are more interesting.
    Same here, I have only caught 2 episodes of American Guns but I enjoyed them a lot more than the other show.

I recorded a complete season of the Sonís of Guns and was not at all impressed. They have one knowledgeable guy and one with that will be good in time but they are hampered by the whims and fits of a boss that thinks he knows something. The girl, (bossís kid) flat drives me up a wall. The projects are mostly dumb but fun, 9mm in a lunchbox, shotguns on a merry-go-round, AK sniper rifle, suppresser on a grenade launcher. Iím sure nobody will hear that grenade exploding and no need for ear protection right . . . mostly the stuff they ďinventď I have seen before and much better done.

Iím glad to see gun shows but I wish they were more real and less reality TV drama so as to encourage non gun people to interact with us and not think of us as a bunch of backward nut-jobs.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Gunsmoke requires its customers to pay for a gun before background check.If it fails to go through he will give you 80% of your money back. Like most of these T.V. shows the world thinks they are good but the locals cry foul..Son og a gun is known for switching gun midstream like the Desert Eagle turning into a mod.92 9mm while being fired by the young lady right before your eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zziQ2vG9j0E
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I watched one episode of Son a Gun. I guess that says it all. Gunsmoke I haven't seen.

watched 2 partial episodes of Sons of Guns and what I sensed more than the eccentric projects was the very high charges, even for the Vet who needed a "special" trigger& stock tweak and then the owner went on and on about how much he respected the guy's "service" ... great way to thank him for his service .... but I've "heard" about that "gunsmoke" outfit, good place to stay faaaar away from me thinks - I used to watch the outdoor channel alot early in the AM before everybody else got up but that one has changed, now seems pretty commercial with "good ole boys" & high dollar "outfitters" and the such ... "the Sportsman's Channel" seems to be a better format now with a couple of DIY specific shows - "Huntin' Fool" and even Eastman's seem to have caught the "capitalist" bug now .... (can they be blamed for that? not for me to say .... in public)

I watch American Guns but, take it with a grain of salt though....I think I like the expressions on Rich's face the best when he's told certian things like prices. Funny.
    I caught a another show also, it was about a (Expensive) gun action house which was interesting, can't remrmber the name.

We have filmed a pilot that will air in April on a major cable channell. Its all about entertaining the demographic. Some folks like it, some folks wont. Thats the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    We have filmed a pilot that will air in April on a major cable channell. Its all about entertaining the demographic. Some folks like it, some folks wont. Thats the business.
    I got nothing agents reality TV if they attempt to keep it somewhat real, I like Deadliest Catch and enjoy seeing who got their 15 of fame on Alaska State Troopers. It looked like you were going for some over the top spoofing fun and that could be fine as long as itís presented that way and isnít presented as real life. At any rate I intend to watch to see what you hams did.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    I got nothing agents reality TV if they attempt to keep it somewhat real, I like Deadliest Catch and enjoy seeing who got their 15 of fame on Alaska State Troopers. It looked like you were going for some over the top spoofing fun and that could be fine as long as itís presented that way and isnít presented as real life. At any rate I intend to watch to see what you hams did.

The beauty of the one we did is that is is both "reality" and reality. The hunting scene especially was real reality. Ask Hans about his handloads next time you are in