Thread: Harding Lake???

Default Harding Lake???

Thinking of trying my luck on Harding tomorrow, anyone else going? First trip in a long time so I'm sure the gear will give me fits. Any tips, tricks, or suggestions?

I will be out there by myself. I will be in a Eskimo QF4 hut with my polaris snowmachine.

Was out there the last 2 days. Goose egg and donut. I spent the majority of my time messing with a new Humminbird Ice 35 flasher. Very frustrating as I could not get it to read the bottom at all. Much more comfortable with the Vexilar FL-12 having used Alcanron's a time or two so I went and switched out today. The wind really picked up there today so I was glad I brought my tie down stakes for my quickfish 3. Ice is about a foot thick where we were and these seem to be some fish being caught. Combos of lakers and char from what I hear. Try jigging a white tube jig (about 1/2 to 3/4 oz). It's all about marking fish with electronics...gots to have them at Harding. Good Luck! Jeff I'll be back next weekend for sure.

Sapper in the Skies

Quote Originally Posted by ToolMan907 View Post
    Thinking of trying my luck on Harding tomorrow, anyone else going? First trip in a long time so I'm sure the gear will give me fits. Any tips, tricks, or suggestions?
    My best tip for Harding is to keep on driving 60 more miles and fish Quartz! I hate Harding...

I don't need endless action. I'll have a radio to listen to the games as long as I get a hit or two thats all I need. But a couple fish would be a bonus. I'll be out there with a blue fish trap and a Polaris 4-wheeler. Stop buy and tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by ToolMan907 View Post
    I don't need endless action. I'll have a radio to listen to the games as long as I get a hit or two thats all I need. But a couple fish would be a bonus. I'll be out there with a blue fish trap and a Polaris 4-wheeler. Stop buy and tell me what I'm doing wrong!
    A hit or two out at that lake is a great day. There are many days of no hits and you wonder where all the fish are?

Yea I call it Hardluck Harding for a reason...its like all or nothing. I rolled a doughnut Friday, not even a bite. 24 hours later I had 2 bites with only one of those bites brought to the surface. (my redemption day...haha)
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Got to the lake 50 above and there was so much water on top it looked like it was open water. I did not go out, just a nice icy drive. BUST!

All the snow melted I am sure, I bet it was a swamp, seen it like this a couple years ago in Jan 2009 I think it was....went from -40 to 40 above in 2 days....

http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...a11331e7c00e73

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    All the snow melted I am sure, I bet it was a swamp, seen it like this a couple years ago in Jan 2009 I think it was....went from -40 to 40 above in 2 days....

http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...a11331e7c00e73

That looked exactly like Quartz today. The Richardson was terrible, wind was a swift 50+ mph, water was an inch deep on top of the ice, and the ice shanty would have been better used as a parachute so we sat on buckets and fought the wind but managed to pull a few rainbows through the ice!

what no comment abot that sound he made?? Haha

Sound? I just thought he had a chicken bone stuck in his throat. I'm not sure what was the big deal about the wind? We used to call that a nice walleye chop.

I've heard that sound before while fishing. And all this time I thought I was hearing a yeti's mating call lol
    -Tight Lines & head shakin