Thread: lakes in the valley that are Easy access, like drive a car on or right next to

Default lakes in the valley that are Easy access, like drive a car on or right next to

Id like to take the 4 year old ice fishing. I took her last week to echo lake. that was a crazy amount of work with all of the gear plus her. Then it all ended within 30 minutes as she was ready to go! Id like to try again, but Im not carrying down a ton of gear just to turn around again if she gets bored or cold.

Im sure if I get her into fish quickly she will like it.

Right now all I can think of is finger lake but im not sure if I can drive on it or not, or if there is good fishing within a short distance of the boat launch.

PM sent to you.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

We fished finger today. We drove out. The fishing was a little slower than I expected. We probably iced 15 or so nothing over 20". I took my neighbor and his two boys. 6 and 7 year olds. Put em on their first fish.

Knik Lake would be easy access for you... Later this winter they'll have a kids derby there....

Are you driving on Knik yet OJ??

Big Lake is always an easy one. I heard rumor of the ice road was being put in this weekend. Memory lake has an easy access too. Once the ice is reliable, I'll be getting out there with my hard side house, you and your daughter are welcome to tag along.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    Big Lake is always an easy one. I heard rumor of the ice road was being put in this weekend. Memory lake has an easy access too. Once the ice is reliable, I'll be getting out there with my hard side house, you and your daughter are welcome to tag along.

Thanks! Let me know when your going. Also thanks for the tip Pike Palace!

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyfish View Post
    Are you driving on Knik yet OJ??
    No I haven't been out there yet