Thread: Richards Microfit

Default Richards Microfit

Ordered a stock from Richards Microfit for my new 22-250 this week. I've heard good things about them, but no first hand experience. Anyone here have one of their stocks? Pics?
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

I was going to go this route awhile back my Buddy who is always building custom rifles had nothing but bad luck go to accurate reloading search Richardsmicrofit stocks. So I never did it

I've heard the stuff about long waits and bad estimates of lead time on delivery before. A friend of mine had that issue with one he bought from them, but he was so happy with his stock when he got it that he decided the long wait was probably worth it. I haven't seen the stock, so all I have to go by is what he told me.
    James Madison

I have bought over a dozen stocks from them and always been satisfied. The quality of their machining is very good. Sometimes they are slow but no slower than anyone else doing that work. I will continue to use them. John

Got my stock today. They said 8 weeks, and that was pretty close. I ended up ordering one of their "factory seconds" in fancy grade claro walnut with a 1/2" recoil pad installed. Came to $111 (including shipping). My first impression is that it is a very nice piece of wood. The seconds are advertised as having "minor cosmetic" defects. If mine is typical, "minor" really does mean minor. I had to look mine over pretty carefully to find 1 defect about 2/3 of the way down the fore end that may well end up getting sanded completely out as I do the final shaping. The machining looks very good, but I don't have my barreled action back from Doug yet to test it out. Overall, I'm pretty happy. The price was good and the wait wasn't unreasonable. For anyone who may be interested, I'll post some pictures when I get around to it and try to keep them updated as I progress.
    James Madison