Thread: Sheep hunt report????

Default Sheep hunt report????

Anyone interested in my 2011 Sheep hunt report?? Don't want to bore anyone, but if there is some interest I will sit down and peck it out.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I believe the usual consensus is that your hunt reports are entertaining, educational, and contain excellent pics. Doubt anyone would be "bored".
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

You are a great storyteller. Let's hear it

Steve, I just put Jaimie in for a sheep draw permit - need all the insight I can get to prepare for the winning draw. Being a flat lander I will be out of my element trying to figure it out so all insight is welcome. You are number one on my list of people to call when she draws the permit.

Do it.....I want something to read !!!

Yes please. You can't tease a bunch of whack addicts like that. For the love of all that's holy, report man.....report.

Okay will get it done. I only ask because I received some criticism about feeling a need to post about every trip I do. I like to share my hunts not to brag, but because the reports are what I enjoy the most on this forum and I like to give back to the forum that has given me so many years of information and entertainment. There was a time not long ago, that found me like many others here without a clue and hungry for information from those that were willing to share and help out a new person. I can't count the many valuable tips I have picked up reading this forum and only hope that I can in some way help others.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Wow, negative PMs about posting trip reports?? Sounds like that new generation "I can't, so you shouldn't be allowed to" way of thinking. Post it up!!

In my opinion, Hunt Reports are certainly THE best aspect of the Forums,

Including photos of the animals harvested, as well as the camp cooking shots,
    gear used and tested, with info on results
    That stuff is Priceless

Remembering back on what really pulled me into involvement on the AOD, when somewhere on a past thread,
    I found a set of links to several of Steve's past hunt reports, along with several others, like Bushrat's, etc.
    I went through reading them all

and was so inspired by just the entertainment value,
    that I tore into doing the same last year with several of my hunts as well as other obscure outdoor activities

Certainly, keep doing them all, and Thanks for taking the time and effort,
    They're really helping folks, even just getting through the dark winter months, Very Valuable

Take a look at the number of views on those threads sometime,
    balance that against the one or two jealous, frustrated commenters
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Okay will get it done. I only ask because I received some criticism about feeling a need to post about every trip I do. I like to share my hunts not to brag, but because the reports are what I enjoy the most on this forum and I like to give back to the forum that has given me so many years of information and entertainment. There was a time not long ago, that found me like many others here without a clue and hungry for information from those that were willing to share and help out a new person. I can't count the many valuable tips I have picked up reading this forum and only hope that I can in some way help others.

Steve
    Don't worry Steve. If there was any criticism, it was most likely made out of jealously on their part. Go ahead and share the story. And include your pictures.

I understand people wanting to jealously guard hot spots and honey holes, but nobody owns those places or the wildlife that inhabit them. Even if someone's hotspot was divulged, you still have to draw tags, schedule transportation,spend money, time, and effort to actually go there and have success of your own. Human nature can be a petty thing when it comes to hunting spots and heirlooms.

Watch the movie "The Island". A bunch of people get the privilege of experiencing a tropical island and before they know it, they are acting like they own it and are actively punishing people for trespassing. Not cool.

If you ever get a chance to make it over to Steves (Stid) House , you need to check out his Slide shows of his sheep hunt and how he put it together...the guy is amazing. Not to mention he will also go out on limb for you, Kind of wish I still lived in North Pole ......really nice to have a friend like him around.

I love reading reports and seeing photos from peoples' hunts. That's the best part of this forum.

I dont think you can bore anyone with your write up skills.Can't wait for another great read,And I hope you don't think I'm one who showed criticism through p.m. I just wanted to read a good sheep hunt story from the master himself!

Steve, you hunt reports never bore....there's much to be learned from what you've written & posted here....alot of us can only dream to do what you have, thanks for sharing & keep posting away

Quote Originally Posted by excav8tr View Post
    Steve, you hunt reports never bore....there's much to be learned from what you've written & posted here....alot of us can only dream to do what you have, thanks for sharing & keep posting away
    Exactly how I feel. Post away.

Steve, when I post my hunts on this forum and others I try to copy what I see in yours. I am not yet in your ballpark but I am closing the gap! Those who prefer to not see your reports can go elsewhere-might I hazard a destination? (heck)sp.

I really enjoy your reports Steve. Looking forward to this one!
    Jason
    http://www.troutnut.com -- Fly fishing photos & insect hatch encyclopedia.
    http://www.daltoncorridormap.com -- Exact 5-mile Haul Road corridor boundary for GPS & Google Earth

Let's hear it. Hunt reports are the best. POST IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Wow, negative PMs about posting trip reports?? Sounds like that new generation "I can't, so you shouldn't be allowed to" way of thinking. Post it up!!
    It was me that sent him the PM's ever since he abandoned me and mom.... LOL I'm kidding it wasn't me I do look forward to Stid's hunting reports.... They are alot better than mine but thats what happens when you have 2nd graders write your hunt reports for you.