Thread: Traps wanted!

Default Traps wanted!

I have traplined my way out of traps, so looking to get a few more. I'm not a snare or conibear guy. Never liked them. I like the double long springs of all sizes, so if anyone has those laying around or know where I can get some, let me know. I particulary looking for larger ones for fox, lynx and wolves and wolverine, but I would also take any small double's too. My son can set the double longs easily. Let me know what you have.

I would have posted this in the buy sell trade part of the forums, but the trappers are on this page.

Thanks,
    Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Hey Dhunter,
    Shoot Joe Dilley a call he owns Peninsula trapping and snaring supply he lives in Sterling but may be able to send you some Great guy! 907-398-6047

Supporting Member

Call William Dean at 907-745-0443. He is in Chickaloon and has hundreds, if not thousands, of traps for sale.

If your just out for some sport and family time, Claude, then limiting yourself to traps is fine. If your wanting to maximize your catch and maybe even get a good fur check, I would really advise learning about and using the other type of restraints.
    330 coni's in a plastic bucket are an ideal wolverine set. Snares offer real opportunity for wolverine, as well as wolf. If you got lynx, you need snares.
    I'll look in my shed and see what I have for double longs, if any.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Thanks for the info all! I'll be making calls this week. Marten Trapper, thanks for the insight! I know that I'm limiting myself, but your right, it's mostly about family time. I know I could catch a lot more using the other methods, and I will most likely start doing some sets with those to see how they work. We have picked up a dozen marten and 5 fox so far. I'm struggling with the lynx, so might need to go to the bucket set for them, or snares.

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

I may have a pile of DB Spring #4s out in the shed I will take a look.