Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Rifles

Default Air Rifles

Anyone out there using Air Guns?

....yes....

I would, I've got an early 70's Sheridan Blue Streak in .20 cal but I bent the pump lever a few years back, and can't find anyone to fix it, punches right through a 2x4.....

I have been using a bee man silver bear, but it broke this summer, so yesterday i bought a beeman "pump master 760" you can pump it up as much as you want it it was 27 buck at walmart. I was shooting it today and with 20 pumps it is very powerful, shoots quarter size groups, most of that is up and down. I was gonna give it to my sister to teach her trigger pull, breathing control and such, but Im gonna give her a camera case instead....hehe it is kinda flimsy but fine for shooting squirrels out to 15 yards or so. gonna try it on a grouse, but have a 22 pistol handy for incase it doesn't do the trick, which I doubt. maybe a rabbit would be better cause it won't have the thick feathers.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

its only has open sights, but it has the grooves for a scope, thinking about putting one on but that might take some of the fun away.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

I keep a cheap Daisy Powerline .177 with a scope in the closet for knocking squirrels off the bird feeder and I took a pigeon with it last summer. I think it would take a rabbit or ptarmigan with good shot placement, but I have two 22 rifles that work better. A nice break barrel spring air with .22 pellets would be a pretty lethal option. Always try to use pellets instead of BBs as they are more accurate and make a better hole in the animal.

Quote Originally Posted by fawkes23 View Post
    I would, I've got an early 70's Sheridan Blue Streak in .20 cal but I bent the pump lever a few years back, and can't find anyone to fix it, punches right through a 2x4.....
    I have the same rifle purchased about the same time. Many grouse, hares and squirrels have fallen to it. Crosman purchased Benjamin/Sheridan several years ago. A quick phone call to them could put you into a new pump assembly. It is worth a shot! (pun intended)

Crosman Corporation
    7629 Routes 5 & 20
    Bloomfield, NY 14469
    1-800-7AIRGUN (724-7486)
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I do, I do. I have a Benjamin (opps crossman but still using Benjamin name) Trail NP .22 cal. This Nitro piston is awesome. Its a break barrel that utilizes the stroke to compress the nitro piston versus a spring. Supposedly shoots PBA pellets at 950fps in .22 cal. Super quite outdoors and it will cleanly take even the biggest of hares that I have taken. The trail NP's have a shoddy trigger at best, there are a couple companies that make drop in replacements for around $30.00 that fixes this problem giving the pellet rifle a very nice trigger pull.
    Anyone hunting for a new adult air rifle outta check into these. They are available in .177, .22 and .25.
    I was really wanting the .25 but came acroos a local guy selling his all weather .22 at a goo price and haven't looked back. But will eventually own a .25.

I would also really like a Benjamin Marauder PCP. Now thats a awesome air rifle set up aslo .

I have a Gammo (made in Spain) that shoots at 1000fps and with the special pellets will
    reach 1200fps. I hit a dove and feathers were flying but he no longer could.

I bought one of the Beeman barrel break guns recently. It came with both 177 and 22 barrels. It shoots regular lead 177s at a little over 900fps and 22s at about 800fps. Either one will blow through 1/2" plywood at 20yds.

I grew up using several pump action 177 pellet guns. They did well. Shot jack rabbits, cotton tails, and rock chucks with it. The 177 with 10 pumps, pointed tip pellets and head shots could handle a rock chuck ... but I agree that the caliber seems a bit light.

I like the break actions better because it gives game less time to escape while loading. I have a couple of RWS model 48's. One in 177 and the other in 22. I haven't used the 22 on game yet but definitely look forward to using it on the trail chickens during the next moose season.

I my self have a gamo big cat 1200. I will soon be upgrading the scope on her as well as a grt3 triger. As it sits noe i can shoot the eyes out of a squiral or bird at 50 yards with my crossman 10.2g pellets. She will be going out next week after some rabits. I would like to get the .22 version of the big cat. The trail nitro has also cought my eye though. Good luck and happy shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by mark.deady View Post
    I my self have a gamo big cat 1200. I will soon be upgrading the scope on her as well as a grt3 triger. As it sits noe i can shoot the eyes out of a squiral or bird at 50 yards with my crossman 10.2g pellets. She will be going out next week after some rabits. I would like to get the .22 version of the big cat. The trail nitro has also cought my eye though. Good luck and happy shooting.
    Mark
    I have the the same rifle but can not get it dialed in as good as i would like you do anything special or maybe certain ammo?

-hoythunter- i spent a few thousand shots getting it dial in. also the grt3 trigger will help put 5 shots in side of a dime. i was messing around a few months ago and shot at a dime and put a nice dent dead center of the dime. i think that it was about 100 paces. and very low wind. i have found that a good cleaning and brake in for the rifle helps alot. also the heavy pellets as well, i have shot some monster 15 gr pellets but they were very slow. with the 10.2's i am still a bit over 900 fps. good luck and happy shooting.

-hoythunter- i spent a few thousand shots getting it dial in. also the grt3 trigger will help put 5 shots in side of a dime. i was messing around a few months ago and shot at a dime and put a nice dent dead center of the dime. i think that it was about 100 paces. and very low wind. i have found that a good cleaning and brake in for the rifle helps alot. also the heavy pellets as well, i have shot some monster 15 gr pellets but they were very slow. with the 10.2's i am still a bit over 900 fps. good luck and happy shooting.
    Cleaning a air gun???I thought that was, like, ill eagle or something

I am lucky enough to have done some work for Dennis Quackenbush and recieve one of his .30 cal captive air rifles. It does shoot nicely though rather loud. I have very nice accuracy at 925 psi.

Ill just keep shooting and see if they come in closer i have only shot 75-100 shots through it. Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by hoythunter View Post
    Ill just keep shooting and see if they come in closer i have only shot 75-100 shots through it. Thanks for the advice
    Also, have you tried different pellet types?

Quote Originally Posted by Wet eNuf View Post
    Also, have you tried different pellet types?
    No I haven't I have one kind and a few of the PBA ammo. You suggest any?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast