Thread: Nosler Custom Brass

Default Nosler Custom Brass

Whats everyones opinion on this brass? I just ordered a box from Cabelas for the .300 WBY to try out. I prefer Norma but it was out of stock and wanted to try something new. Weatherby factory brass cost more than it should since it is Norma with a weatherby stamp so I avoid it unless a good deal.

I consider it on par with Norma.

I found it thicker than Rem brass and I can't put as much powder in it for my 300 RUM. It sizes well and the lots seem to be very uniform right out of the box, no trimming or messing with the flash hole. I picked some up for a 264 win mag project too. There are a couple of sights with Nosler 2nd, there is Wby brass on there right now as matter of fact. http://www.shootersproshop.com/Depar.../In-Stock.aspx and http://www.nosler.com/Overrun-Products.aspx

I have been using it but I can't say who makes it - I live in Eugene and go through Bend often, always stop in at the Nosler pro shooters shop and on a first name basis with the guys there - I asked last week and the answer was "We are not at liberty to say" ... (but they always seem to have an abundance of Norma 300 WSM in stock) when I get this 338 WSM wildcat project "off the ground" (if I ever do) maybe I can offer some feedback as I'll have both Norma 300 WSM and Nosler 325 WSM brass being loaded - as far as "thicker" brass is concerned, doesn't pressure = velocity ? all other things being equal ... (and I'm NOT being a smart ass, I am learning too)