Thread: hunting partner neded for african safari

Default hunting partner neded for african safari

I purchased a 7 day south African safari for 2012 it was auctioned at an nra event. It is for 2 hunters all lodging food guides and skining is paid for. It is a 7500 $ value. Air fair and trophy fees are not included. A refunded deposit of $1000 per hunter is required to set our dates. Dates are flexible at this time. I hope to bow hunt but both bow and rifle are fine. Call me for details. At 907-399-7166 my name is Shiloh.

If you have never been,Don't forget to add Dipping,Treating, Shipping and Packing back to the USA Depending on what you hunt plan on an extra $1500 +either get a broker or ask your taxidermist for the proper paper work. I use Fauna & Flora makes life easier getting your stuff back
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

That's who I'm planning on going with. I'm after some of the spring bucks, zebra, impala, and gemsbuck. The nice thing is I have a year to save. I just can't find a partner. My normal guys wife is having there first kid. He and I are hunting fanatics. So it would be nice to find someone who is a dedicated hunter.

Ruttmaster

What are the dates you are planning on going? what outfitter are you using? What area in Afrcia are you going to be hunting in?

I might be interested

You dont have PM status...I left you a message on your private message link..email me we can talk
    DH
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

If you are spending the night or day in Johannesburg and have time. Hit the flea market in town super cool stuff cheap. Elephant hair bracelets, Wallets made from Buffalo ,Zebra you name it about $10. Last time we went we had just 1 suitcase full of goodies. Save up and add a few more trophies. Monkeys and Baboons make cool mounts
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I'm so excited to go just hoping to have the best time ever. It is one of the cheaper hunts I have found. So its in my price range. ( I'm 28 years old so I'm not rolling in the cash.) Just want to improve as a bow hunter and fulfill a life long dream. Thanks for all the advice. I'm sure its going to be helpful.

How about answering duckhunters questions. Some more info would be nice. WHat is the hunting partners share of the cost?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I replied to duck hunter by email.

I paid 2000 for the hunt I want 1000.00 up front to split cost. In edition whoever goes needs there 1000.00 refundable deposited. I can receive it or they can send it in to NB safaris themselves. I don't care how that works, either way is ok. I priced airfare from new York to johannesburg to be about 1300.00 I'm using miles to get to ny. I also have companion fairs on AK air. So we can do that if its cheaper. Trophy fees are posted on NB safaris web site. Google them. They seem to have a great operation and I think it will be the hunt of a lifetime. The dates are flexible. August - November. I fish bristol bay so I can't go in June or July. We just need to talk about the options that work for us. Pleas call with questions 907-399-7166. I only have my cell phone to do all this typing so calling me is best. I'm in Idaho on a duck hunting trip now but I will be happy to meet anybody with all the info when I get back next week.

Rutt master
    Check your sent emails.. I didnt get it..check email again.

Thanks for the info.. I am out of country and will call you next week and we can talk.

DH01
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Default ...

Had a buddy that got one from the NRA. Eland safaris or something like that. He just got back...and he LOVED IT!!!
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Never go on a paid hunting trip with a partner you don't personally know and have hunted with before.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Seth View Post
    Never go on a paid hunting trip with a partner you don't personally know and have hunted with before.
    Clear ground rules must be agreed upon but I have done 2 fly in trips with people I had never hunted with in the last few years and they were FANTASTIC trips!

Just to let you know a bit about me. I love hunting,and fishing. I have quite a bit of experience hunting in AK. I packed for Caver and Julian (out of lake Clark) on sheep hunts and moose hunts. I was offered a full time guiding job with them. But the owner was in a plain crash before any of that happend.
    I drink sparingly, (not a drunk). I have heard of this being a problem for others on this site, when they went with people they didn't know.
    I'm a fair chase hunter. I expect the same of who I hunt with. Both guide and hunting partners.
    I'm a Christian if you arnt I don't care I won't put my beliefs on you.
    I think this could be a great opportunity to meet more hunters in AK.

Ruttmaster..

Without devulging to much info here like a date site..lol.

Ditto on the hunting ethics..Asst guide work myself, have taken plenty of people out into the Alaska Bush successfully over the years. Hunting is my passion along with my family. Dont drink..but know I will at least have a glass of something locally brewed up in Africa..lol Logistics is my only out on this if I cant work this out. Let me know when you get back to AK.. I will call.

Awsom sounds great

I'm back in town now if anybody wants to meet up and go over the details.