Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Trail Report W.P.C. Willow 12/1/11

  1. #1
    Member Trail Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Willow AK.
    Posts
    605

    Thumbs up Trail Report W.P.C. Willow 12/1/11

    Its been a great week in Willow!
    We have had about 4 inches of new snow on a 20" base but the swamps are still full of windblown waves. Temps on Thursday evening around 29 degrees. And getting a little warmer over the weekend. Remember that warmer weather is hard on your trails.
    Stay Right and run as smooth as you can on your trails!
    Now on to the good stuff. We have put in over 380 fleet miles this week and have added in some of our trails that have now been groomed. Rolly Lakes Trail into Nancy Lake State Park witch is OPEN! Rolly Creek Trail to the Big Su. and it is ridealbe but with some careful eyes wide open type looking as we just had a guy go in to about 12 ft. of water above Luces.
    His machine is still there!
    And the best for last, we broke trail down to Iron Dog on Wed. and then groomed it today joining up with Alpine General Services Trails out of Big Lake. So now you can get to Big Lake from here. Note: we are still waiting for Big Lake Trail Club to join up with our trails but it sounds like it will be soon. And then the SVWT will be in.
    One more thing we are having a lot of people in Willow have snowmachineers running through their property. Remember that you need to get to the Willow Swamp Kiosk before you are at Public Lands and please tell your friends!
    Remember we take the bumps so you don't have too!!!
    Stop at one of our kisoks and grab a envelope and help us out!
    See you on the trail!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

  2. #2
    Member Trail Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Willow AK.
    Posts
    605

    Thumbs down Suck

    Rained all night. All lakes have overflow, 38 degrees
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

  3. #3
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    Yep. Major suckage All my nice local snow is hammered. I sure hope they are getting dumped on (snow) up in Cantwell.

  4. #4
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    Changed to wet snow in the last 5min. God I hope it keeps snowing.

  5. #5
    Member Trail Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Willow AK.
    Posts
    605

    Default

    We will be swimming for a week
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

  6. #6

    Default

    Paddle Tracks are the order of the day! Keep it up on step and you'll do fine!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    LOL.. we just tried. Better have a 700 or larger. My son's 500 ground to a stop after only a mile due to snow buildup in the tunnel. Couldn't spin it fast enough to clear it.

  8. #8
    Member SusitnaAk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ANCHORAGE
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Looks like a mess.
    http://www.deshkalanding.com/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •