Thread: Youth Part Permit Question?

Default Youth Part Permit Question?

Ok, as I understand it and the way F&G has explained it to me. My 13 year old son who has the his hunter safety card can apply for permits now.

My question is, under the party permit section it ask for his license #, which doesn't have being under 16, and it won't let me advance the application because that box is empty? So I call on F&G Office and ask about it. I get, I think you need to put "Age 13" there. Of course I don't want to void my applications because "I think" or I put the wrong thing in there. So I asked for someone who might know for sure. I get another "I think" with another number to call?

I read most everything they have to offer and asked two F&G Employees and waiting for another to get back with me, but I don't have a solid answer yet.

Has anyone else had this issue or know for sure what the fix is?

Thanks,
    I'm Pro-Pike.

Every other aspect of their website, like applying for their own tags and filing hunt reports operates on putting the kid's age in that box. BTW, you don't put the word "age" in there, just the number.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    BTW, you don't put the word "age" in there, just the number.
    It used to auto-fill in the box as "AGE13" (or "Age 13"...I can't recall if there was a space or not). It might not be necessary, but that's what I used to see when applying for my nephew.

As for party tags, if you do individual applications the kid could have twice the chance of getting to hunt that tag. Both of your names would be entered instead of a single application, and in the event your name is drawn you could allow him to fill your tag. You wouldn't both get to hunt, but it would double the chances of one of you being able to. Just a thought...

Yeah, I just got done applying for my permits and it auto filled one of the kids and not the other? I know on the online application for harvest tickets you just enter their age and it figures it out.

I trust this system just as much as I trust the U.S. mail to get my application there.

So, just out of curiousity I tried to apply for a party tag for me and my 12 y.o. daughter. It did not autofill like it did for her earlier. It would allow me to type in AGE12 and move on from there. I guess you just need the official word from F&G.

I put my daughter (AGE10) and her cousin (AGE11) in for some party permits at the same time that I put my daughter in for her individual tags. I'm assuming it worked just the same as if you are putting her in for individual hunts by entering the AGE## into that space for the party applicant.

Ouch...a license for me, a license for my 16 y.o. daughter, permit applications for myself and three kids...$$$$... Hope we draw something

I have applied online as a party with a child (AGE13) and we have successfully drawn.
    Make sure you use Internet Explorer.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Ok, I spoke with a guy at the F&G in Anchorage and he stated "AGE 13" or "AGE13", either will work he said!!

As for party tags, if you do individual applications the kid could have twice the chance of getting to hunt that tag. Both of your names would be entered instead of a single application, and in the event your name is drawn you could allow him to fill your tag. You wouldn't both get to hunt, but it would double the chances of one of you being able to. Just a thought...
    I kinda thought about that, sorta, but I did not think it out that way. Then again if we get drawn for Buffalo, what the heck am I gona do with two?

Thanks for the replies!!
    I'm Pro-Pike.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterWolf View Post
    Then again if we get drawn for Buffalo, what the heck am I gona do with two?

Thanks for the replies!!
    I would be MORE than happy to help you with that "problem"

Quote Originally Posted by WaterWolf View Post

I kinda thought about that, sorta, but I did not think it out that way. Then again if we get drawn for Buffalo, what the heck am I gona do with two?

Thanks for the replies!!
    You could always do a party application for some species and individual applications for others.