Thread: Ice fishing around Anchorage lakes

Default Ice fishing around Anchorage lakes

Has anyone been ice fishing around the Anchorage lakes lately? Particularly Jewel, Delong, and Sand Lake. Im trying to get a few scouting reports before i commit to actually going this saturday. I havent gone ice fishing in over 10 years and i think it would be nice to shake off some winter blues. the temp should be in the upper 20's to low 30s so thats not bad. I may pick up a new an Eskimo 3 ice shanty at sportsmans tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSlut View Post
    Has anyone been ice fishing around the Anchorage lakes lately? Particularly Jewel, Delong, and Sand Lake. Im trying to get a few scouting reports before i commit to actually going this saturday. I havent gone ice fishing in over 10 years and i think it would be nice to shake off some winter blues. the temp should be in the upper 20's to low 30s so thats not bad. I may pick up a new an Eskimo 3 ice shanty at sportsmans tomorrow night.
    if you go on a week night let me know i will join ya. i got a ice cube from sams club its pretty slick.
    Semper Fi!

Im pretty much tied to weekends only. i would like to hit the ice early while my kid and his mom are still sleeping in the bed LOL! Would be interesting to know if any good sized keepers have been pulled out of those lakes this year.

Im pretty much tied to weekends only. i would like to hit the ice early while my kid and his mom are still sleeping in the bed LOL! Would be interesting to know if any good sized keepers have been pulled out of those lakes this year.
    delong gave me 12" trout a year or 2 ago
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    delong gave me 12" trout a year or 2 ago
    jigging or bait? a co worker suggested using corn as bait

jigging or bait? a co worker suggested using corn as bait

was using some neon pink shrimp
    Semper Fi!