Thread: First fish of the year!

Default First fish of the year!

Well, I was so busy this spring/summer that I never got a chance to get out other than dip netting, so I've been anxious to get at it this winter, last night I went to diamond lake (about 2 miles from the house) and chopped a hole in the ice (I had an axe, didn't know how thick it was, so if somebody on here was the fella who measured the ice last night for me, Thank you much) didn't catch anything, stayed till after dark, got al litle fire goin, went back this afternoon and re chopped the ice out of my hole, and fished for about an hour and my pole bent double (regular 5 foot trout pole) and I said to my self, oh crap, my lines gonna break, cause I don't think the line has been changes sinse dad was fishing with it since he was a kid, plus my drag was frozen. well, after about 5 minutes of tryna be gentle I got a look at it and it was HUGE! like, 20 inches easy. well, then he dove back down and broke my line. rather way, it was fun to see it. so I tied on another hook, and baited it with a piece of night crawler and a egg and dropped it back down and after about 10 minutes, just the very end started to twitch, then the line slowly went down and came back up, then started spinning on circles in the hole, so I gave it some slack and when the line went tight again I gently lifted up on the pole and it was hooked, not a monster, but a decent fish it felt like, it fought pretty good, after a minute or so I pulled it up and it was about a foot long, a keeper, good thing, cause it swallowed the hook. so I gutted it real quick and cooked it right there on my fire, that with some craisins and chocolate made a good meal. I forgot my seasonings dogonnit. I'll get a picture tonight, gotta go to Bible study.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    Well, I was so busy this spring/summer that I never got a chance to get out other than dip netting, so I've been anxious to get at it this winter, last night I went to diamond lake (about 2 miles from the house) and chopped a hole in the ice (I had an axe, didn't know how thick it was, so if somebody on here was the fella who measured the ice last night for me, Thank you much) didn't catch anything, stayed till after dark, got al litle fire goin, went back this afternoon and re chopped the ice out of my hole, and fished for about an hour and my pole bent double (regular 5 foot trout pole) and I said to my self, oh crap, my lines gonna break, cause I don't think the line has been changes sinse dad was fishing with it since he was a kid, plus my drag was frozen. well, after about 5 minutes of tryna be gentle I got a look at it and it was HUGE! like, 20 inches easy. well, then he dove back down and broke my line. rather way, it was fun to see it. so I tied on another hook, and baited it with a piece of night crawler and a egg and dropped it back down and after about 10 minutes, just the very end started to twitch, then the line slowly went down and came back up, then started spinning on circles in the hole, so I gave it some slack and when the line went tight again I gently lifted up on the pole and it was hooked, not a monster, but a decent fish it felt like, it fought pretty good, after a minute or so I pulled it up and it was about a foot long, a keeper, good thing, cause it swallowed the hook. so I gutted it real quick and cooked it right there on my fire, that with some craisins and chocolate made a good meal. I forgot my seasonings dogonnit. I'll get a picture tonight, gotta go to Bible study.
    Any metal shavings with those Craisins?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Any metal shavings with those Craisins?
    My thoughts exactly! LOL. Hairlike metal shavings.... Made me laugh Frostbitten!

Quote Originally Posted by AKnook View Post
    My thoughts exactly! LOL. Hairlike metal shavings.... Made me laugh Frostbitten!
    I don't get it.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

the fish

Cooking said fish.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    I don't get it.
    Good for you on your fish.
    BTW, I didn't get it either.

They just recalled craisins because of hairlike metal that may be mixed in the bags.