Thread: Wifes deer.

Default Wifes deer.

Well took the whole family out last week to look for some deer, and what do you know we found a few.
    My wife got first crack and we soon found a nice little buck. We walked straight at him from a 1/4 mile away with no cover. He was laying down and looking right at us until we got under 200yds, then he turned his head and looked to his right. Finally he stood up (still looking to his right) and my wife made a perfect shot. When we got up to him I tried to see what he was looking at and 200yds away out steps a nice buck. We moved a little closer and noticed a buck and a doe down in a creek bed between us and the buck we were stalking. The buck up on the bank looked bigger so I put my wife on that and as soon as she shot I dropped the buck in the creek. Turned out that her but was a wide two point and mine was a narrow 3x3.

She also wanted to try her hand a skinning the other day and thought it was a blast. I asked her if we could now change jobs and she could skin and quarter from now on and I would sit inside and grinde and package. She is still thinking about that one.

I put a few other pics in the 2011 photo thread since I know how some people don't like to see deer stacked up on the back o boats.
    P1000459.jpgP1000395.jpg

Way to go, looks like your wife is having a good time, better keep her around .

I very much enjoyed your pictures of the deer stacked up on your boat. That is alot of fine meat waiting to be consumed thanks for sharing. 20?

16. 14 bucks, 2 does.

Awesome photos. Livin' life with a partner, can't beat it.

Lots of beach harvesting been going on this past week. That one buck she's skinning has quite a bit of fat on it. My wifeypoo has never shot a deer. My daughther is finally showing some interest - she's a senior in H.S. now. Her boyfriend hunts a lot.

All of the deer had lots of fat on them, hopefully it will get them though the winter. I imagine the population around Juneau got hit pretty hard over the last week or so.
    This was my wife’s 2nd and 3rd deer. Her first was a monster she shot 3.5 miles in on top of a mountain in Aug. We packed 3 deer out that trip so I figured she earned and easier hunt.

Awesome job on all the deer and your wife getting in on the action both shooting and skinning! I loved the boat deck pics as well thanks for posting them.

Mallardman -- You out of Juneau? Nice deer...I've seen quite a few pics of people getting stuff off the beach. This snow pushed them right out, should be interesting to see how much of it sticks around with our current weather forecast...

Yep, I am out of Juneau. There were a lot of deer on the beaches last week! We could have tagged out in a couple of hours but we were being a little selective. Hopefully this snow disappears a little and they can get a reprieve from having to go to the beach. I passed on few small bucks and saw heards of 10-15 does. I called one doe in a foot from my elbow, as soon as she turned I blew the call again and just about gave her a heart attack. Wish I would have brought my spear.

Quote Originally Posted by mallardman View Post
    I know how some people don't like to see deer stacked up on the back o boats.
    Screw 'em.

This kind of snow is great for one weekend. People get a lot of deer and life goes on. I'm glad to see the rain though. I'm impressed with how much fat was on your wife's deer. The one I got on sunday had almost no fat on it.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

The biggest deer I got had the most fat on him ( he is on the top of the pile left of center). Inside and out he was VERY fat. We weighed the bigger deer and they were all between 130lbs and 145lbs dressed.

P1000455.jpg

Well done mallardman, looks like a great time for a bunch of folks to get outdoors and enjoy life together!
    Now the work starts!
    Congrats on getting your wife and daughter involved to share good times with ya!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Whack 'em 'n stack 'em. Nice.

Nice job. It can be tricky sometimes getting to the beach without banging up your prop with any type of ground swell, and into position to get a shot at a buck on the beach that isn't 300yds without spooking the bucks. Especially when their is lots of beach scrub they are feeding in and out of. It's sure fun though.

That is a "STACK" of deer for sure!

I like'em piled high. Nice.