Thread: Reflection Lake?

Default Reflection Lake?

Anyone here tried fishing this lake? Saw it mentioned in a report on a different website. Is it that lake next to the Knik River exit or? Seems like small salmon are biting over there. Haven't seen it mentioned as a lake that is being stocked? What info you guys have on this lake?

It has not been stocked in years. No bait and no retention of any fish.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

You might catch a TV or a fridge out there. Lots of dumping and shooting in years past. Haven't been back there in years, but the place used to be disgusting. I understand they have cleaned it up a lot and put elevated walkways around the lake. Maybe it's so you don't have to walk on garbage.

My old stomping grounds. I've asked for alot of help on here so I can help on this subject. I'm sure this lake is in east anchorage. There is a little creek and trail that goes to the lake. Surrounded by houses and apartments except for where the trail and creek enter the lake. I've only caught rainbows, but havnt fished it in the past year and a half.
    hook, line, sinker, done.

Thanks for all the replies. The lake I am thinking of is right off the Knik River exit ramp next to the river. No houses at all around there. Just woods. And it's closed to fishing? Oops! Someone wrote up a fishing report on that place dating from a few days ago!

Sorry FishGod. Misread your reply. I get it.

The Reflection lake I was referring to is the one in Anchorage.

ive duck hunted out there a few times seen some small what appears to be salmon jumping around but thats all, i wouldnt think it would be stock for the fact of high tides that spill into the lake. but who knows as of yet ive heard nothing on stocking it yet.
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

I too was referring to the lake near the Knik River offramp. I recall folks used to call it Firecracker Lake as well. Personally, I would think at a minimum, that lake would be poisoned with lead there was so much shooting out there in years past.

You're all thinking about the wrong lake. Reflection lake is in Anchorage in a residential area. Surrounded by houses.

Quote Originally Posted by cohlp View Post
    You're all thinking about the wrong lake. Reflection lake is in Anchorage in a residential area. Surrounded by houses.
    There are two Reflection Lakes in Southcentral. One in Anchorage and one in Knik.

Nope, wasn't thinking about the wrong lake.

Reflections (Mud) Lake (Palmer Hayflats)
    Bathymetric Map and Fishing Information

General Information

• Maximum Depth: 10'
    • Shoreline Length: 0.7 mi
    • Management Area: Mat-Su

• USGS Map: AN B-7
    • Surface Acres: 20.5 Acres
    • Elevation: 25'

Mud Lake, located on the Palmer Hay Flats State Game Refuge, was a proposed lake for stocking. Reflections lake has the potential for occasionally land-locking juvenile salmon in flooding events. Rainbow trout catchables will be stocked once fish are available from the new hatchery.

Access Information

• Directions: Mile 30.8 Glenn Highway, take exit off freeway. Mud Lake and parking are located on west side of road. Short walk to lake. NOTE: Mud Lake is located in the Palmer Hay Flats state game refuge. Please respect property.
    • Access: Foot Trail --
    • Township: T16N, R1E, S10
    • Lat/Long: 61 28' 60'' N, 149 16' 0'' W

Fishing Information

Species Present: Rainbow Trout

I live on Reflection Lake so yes it is in Anchorage, boys caught 3 nice bows there last night in fact! It is not closed to fishing!

Be very careful on Relfection (Firecracker) Lake by the Knik boat ramp. There are several warm spots (springs?) in the lake which will freeze over but never to the point where it will hold a humans weight. My dog fell through years ago. Additionally the lake is tidal and the ice conditions can be dangerous. I've fished the lake years ago, as far as the fishing goes you'll have to find out on your own.