Thread: Halibutgrove, FNM/NR question...

Default Halibutgrove, FNM/NR question...

I know you have the twin Bravo 2 setup and was curious about any comparative data from anyone running jets in that sized North River. The fuel economy numbers would be difficult to match I think.

Thought you might like this video:

Also, when are you getting the 300's in and will the Bravo 2 still be the smart man's choice? PM me the installed cost
    for the FNM-Bravo 2 setup like you have.

Quote Originally Posted by slabhunter View Post
    I know you have the twin Bravo 2 setup and was curious about any comparative data from anyone running jets in that sized North River. The fuel economy numbers would be difficult to match I think.

Also, when are you getting the 300's in and will the Bravo 2 still be the smart man's choice? PM me the installed cost
    for the FNM-Bravo 2 setup like you have.
    Slabhunter, Sorry for the late response. Been gone all week dealing with F&G issues around the state....Fun!

I don't have any stats for running a 30' boat with twin FNM's and jets. With 250s and hamilton's w/ 2.4kw impeller they burn ~6gph@ 3300-3400. Since the power absorption is the same with a Jet I'm sure twins would just be double. The boat speed will be dependent on weight and hull design. I'll send you a pm on cost. Thanks for the video.

Where has halibutgrove been I have not seen him in a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Slabhunter, Sorry for the late response. Been gone all week dealing with F&G issues around the state....Fun!

I don't have any stats for running a 30' boat with twin FNM's and jets. With 250s and hamilton's w/ 2.4kw impeller they burn ~6gph@ 3300-3400. Since the power absorption is the same with a Jet I'm sure twins would just be double. The boat speed will be dependent on weight and hull design. I'll send you a pm on cost. Thanks for the video.
    Gotcha, been a very dysfunctional time prior to the Holidays for our Family but it all seemingly worked out ok. Our little dog of ten years that the wife adopted from the pound was attacked by my daughter's pit bull, 50 lbs. vs. 17 lb. dachshund. Cost us $500 at the Vet to get Lily repaired but she will be ok.

My Left hand got chomped on and do not be fooled by the size of the pit bull or similar breed: that 50 lb. female dog bit slap through my hand and let go just as quickly. I've been bitten many times before as I was a commercial breeder of German Shepards, Rots, Mastiffs, and other working dogs for the Military. All bites hurt like the dickens but some breeds can apply that hurt across a large area by just clamping down. That trauma is what the layman cannot fathom. Ten days after I was bitten, I can really use my hand like it is supposed to. The scars will blend in with the others .

Quote Originally Posted by elim View Post
    Where has halibutgrove been I have not seen him in a while?
    Been out of state visiting family and freinds. It's been a long time since I saw everyone and figured I should go see them before I have to view them. Picking up the 24' Seahawk Thursday and heading north. Hope to be in AK 4-5 day later.

Happy new year to all!

Arrived on Jan 2d in Tok to a brisk -30F with the 24.5' in tow. The GMC Duramax I picked up in WA was a sweat ride and really handled the towing task. It was my first experience running one of these model trucks and I was impressed to say the least.