Thread: Anyone hunted Adak caribou in the last month?

Question Anyone hunted Adak caribou in the last month?

I'm heading to Adak on Thursday and was wondering if anyone has been there since snow has been on the island. I'm curious what part of the island the caribou have been hanging out. I was just there in August and they were still way too far south for us to get to. The locals say they come close to town this time of year, but I was wondering about specifics on location if anyone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tektonak View Post
    I'm heading to Adak on Thursday and was wondering if anyone has been there since snow has been on the island. I'm curious what part of the island the caribou have been hanging out. I was just there in August and they were still way too far south for us to get to. The locals say they come close to town this time of year, but I was wondering about specifics on location if anyone knows.

Give us an update when you get back. Tks. Curious myself.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

There is a small herd around Mt. Reed as of November 20th. Lots of dip ***** hunters scaring em all over the country.

I found about 4 herds all around the Heart Lake area, close to town. That's just south of the White Alice site. We brought back two bou from our trip. Had a lot of fun.