Thread: Reaming cylinder throats?

Default Reaming cylinder throats?

Any gunsmith around Anchorage equipped to ream out my .45 LC Ruger Redhawk cylinders to .4525 or so? Current throats are around .449 - way too small!

Options are buy a reamer and do it myself or mail the cylinder off somewhere - but I'd like to use a local gunsmiths if possible.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I think that Steve at Alaska Customs is Smith and Wesson's warranty guy now. While not a Ruger that may mean that he know's his way around a pistol?

Default Good news

That would be great news if correct!

I'll call Steve and/or S&W to confirm - or anyone is welcome to beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by hntr View Post
    I think that Steve at Alaska Customs is Smith and Wesson's warranty guy now. While not a Ruger that may mean that he know's his way around a pistol?
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK