Thread: .338 norma

Default .338 norma

Hey, just quick question, for those in the "KNOW"-- Was wondering why Norma went with a non-belted case with their.338 to compete with the LAPUA, which I feel, the NORMA works better in the.2.50 case, medium action with a 300 gr. round, other than the .308 and .358 belted-- same length and powder charge. just wondering, as I have had fun with the early NORMA and the great 205 powder.
    You "SHOOTERS" would know best!!! Thanks for any input and your service to our USA.
    Goo

As near as I can tell it is just a shortened Lapua case. I have had one rifle so chambered come across my bench thus far, and the gentleman was kind enough to give me an empty case which I still have. Now just what in the hell it's supposed to do, I can't say. It doesn't fit in a short action and with the giant boltface it doesnt fit in alot of actions at all. It's a puzzler that's for sure.

Thanks a lot mr. KID- do you think she may be kin to a .416 case?? Thanks for your interest
    Goo

416 case??? well thats all the 338 Lapua is so yes its just a shorter 416 rigby than the Lapua.
    RLTW
    HUNT HARD HUNT SAFE
    WILL