Thread: Quartz report 28 Nov

Wink Quartz report 28 Nov

Headed out to the normal spot on Quartz today after being TDY for the better part of 2 months. Needless to say the action was slim to none as I was only able to manage a few dinker nibbles with Zero takedowns. So far this matches the reports that TSS, Alcanron, and Gutleap submitted earlier. What a show! Early frigid temps may have this once fruitful locale winterkilled I guess this means trips closer to the house (Harding). The ice at Quartz was just at 12" about 100-150 yards from the boat launch. Saw some people driving small SUV type vehicles across the lake with no groaning to mention. No thanks not just yet for me. Sure to hit Quartz again before the new year but I think I'm gonna put my new flasher to work next weekend for lunker lakers.

Sapper in the Skies

You were one day off. Sunday was hot on Quartz producing over 30 fish between two of us with 4 over 20 inches. There were a few brave souls driving full size pickups out towards the flats area pulling a two place trailer with an ice shanty on it (No thanks).

A couple of pics from Quartz:

21 inch Bow.jpg

Second 20 inch Bow.jpg

Very nice! I have yet to get a bow over 20 out of that lake.

The fish are there, they dont always want to reveal themselves. Thanks for the report 27.

Looks like 44 and crew found some, nice display for sure guys.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

At least you got out on the ice Shawn. A bad day fishing is most certainly better than any day at work. Glad you will be around for awhile so we can take down some nice lakers out at Harding.

Nice job bgarcher44 on a 30 fish day. Must have been non-stop action. How many of those were silvers?

Nice looking fish! I've had my fill of char. The males are incredibly fat and pretty but it's time for some hard-charging, drag-squealing rainbows!

yea same here Raffpappy....I have caught more char than anything. Im ready for a big bow.

Default Charging Char

Quote Originally Posted by Raffpappy View Post
    Nice looking fish! I've had my fill of char. The males are incredibly fat and pretty but it's time for some hard-charging, drag-squealing rainbows!

You need to get ahold of one of those Char out of Harding. They will rip some drag!

Yeah, AKnook.....I noticed you catch your fair share of char, some good ones at that!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKnook View Post
    yea same here Raffpappy....I have caught more char than anything. Im ready for a big bow.

I've seen those pigs you guys get! You guys are killing the rest of us!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlcanRon View Post
    You need to get ahold of one of those Char out of Harding. They will rip some drag!

Paul needs a big rainbow out of Quartz?! I remember the 24'' that got pulled outta there by a guy who looks alot like AKNook. LOL! Jeff it was indeed awesome to get out on the ice and not work DEf looking forward to Harding adventures this year. I will be out there Fri and Sat this weekend. Ron you aint kidding about Hard Luck's chars. Freaks of nature about the age of a dinosaur lurk down there. So Fat & Heavy!!! Hahahaha...BTW those were def some nice pics posted by you Bgarcher44 very nice indeed.

Sapper in the Skies

Quote Originally Posted by gutleap View Post
    At least you got out on the ice Shawn. A bad day fishing is most certainly better than any day at work. Glad you will be around for awhile so we can take down some nice lakers out at Harding.

Nice job bgarcher44 on a 30 fish day. Must have been non-stop action. How many of those were silvers?
    We didn't catch a single silver. All rainbows and 3 char. This is the second trip this season where one of us has broken a rod fighting a fish. I broke a light action Frabill this past Sunday on a takedown.