Thread: Canada Goose Recommendations?

Default Canada Goose Recommendations?

I'm looking at purchasing either a Canada Goose Mantra, Expedition or the Mens Resolute Parka and was wanting some recommendations on them. Im sure they are all very warm parkas, but it doesnt really say on website how they compare to one another / main differences / advantages? Anyone own one of these models can you give me some insight?
    From what I've read I believe the Mantra is suppose to be the warmest of the 3, but I dont see how it differs much from the expedition model?
    The Mens Resolute is slightly longer but I dont know how it compares on warmth?

i own the expedition and its a great coat. the mantra has slightly more down but only by a small amout. the reason i didnt get the mantra was that it had the name tag plastic and reflective tape on it. the lengths are about the same. the ruffs the same. those are about all the differences. i know people that wear the mantra up here and i stay just as warm with the expedition. the coats sleeves run a little small (short) so id reccomend trying one on if you can. i think 6th ave has some if your around anc. they are excellent coats and probably one of the warmest out there. they are down so keep em dry and dont wear too much underneath or youll sweat and it'll start to pack down around the shoulders. i love not having to wear 10 layers of crap when its 30 below. you can get by with just a couple things underneath.

Thanks for the information, unfortunately I live in the lower 48. According to Canada Goose there are no Snow Mantras anywhere in US that have them in stock. I have found a few places in Canada that have them. I did actually found a place that carries Canada Goose about 2 hours from my house. I drove down last weekend and they had some expeditions in stock. I usually always wear a 2xl and the largest size they had was xl. To my disbelief the xl fit surprisingly well.

You are right the sleeves do seem a little short. When I held my arms at my sides they came to a good length but if I raised my arms straight out in front of me the tended to hike up… but the elastic still covered my wrists. I kinda have mixed feelings about if that’s good or bad… As my father in law explains when you are out working in the cold, he like the sleeve to hike up some that way it keeps your coat out of whatever you are working on…

Now I just need to decide between ordering a 2xl or xl… I’m almost afraid if I did 2xl to get the sleeves longer there would be a lot of extra gap in the coat… I’d usually just order both and send the other one back but shipping from Canada and back is pretty pricey. On a side note, the hardest thing for me to get use to is the zipper being on the wrong side…

Anyone have a pair of their tundra pants or rocky mountain bibs?

yeah the zipper on the wrong side takes a little getting used to. i think their theory on the shorts sleeves is that youll be wearing a big pair of gloves anway and your wrist will still be covered. good choice on coats you wont be disappointed. make sure if you get one online its from a reputable dealer (the few listed on the canada goose website) there are a ton of fake ones out there. i had a friend saying he found a mantra for a couple hundred bucks online.....im sure it was one hundred percent chicken feathers.

Thanks for the input, I received my snow mantra yesterday... absolutely awesome coat! They are definitely cut big, the XL fits great with plenty of room to layer, although I cant imagine having to wear that much under it.

I was wondering if the its normal for some of the fur to be different lengths vs being more uniform? Granted I realize this is real fur but ones I've seen appear more even?.. Maybe it's just me being ocd...

I'd like to get a pair of the Canada Goose Bibs but would like some input if anyone owns them or have tried them on