Thread: Unit 22 Musk Ox, sub unit 22E.............better news

Default Unit 22 Musk Ox, sub unit 22E.............better news

While things are getting worse for residents to hunt Ox in the unit 22 sub units around Nome, Unit 22E should remain, or increase in opportunities for residents. The BoG made a change that should increase the number of animals available for harvest. This should translate to a higher registration hunt quota and possibly more draw permits. I'm not sure about the draw, but that should be the way it plays out.
    A noticeable change will likely be a quota with age class and sex numbers. In other words, hunters will not be able to harvest 40 bulls in a 40 Ox quota. There will be possible female and young bull quotas in the total quota.
    Save your dollars. It won't be cheap getting to and hunting out of Shish or Wales for this hunt.................but it's the only opportunity most residents will now have outside of a draw permit.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Cool....If i cant hunt the Inmachuq or Kiwalik drainages, Ill slide on over to Shish.......7 more gallons outta my way

Thanx for the update MT !
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Cool....If i cant hunt the Inmachuq or Kiwalik drainages, Ill slide on over to Shish.......7 more gallons outta my way

Thanx for the update MT !
    I'll be up that way chasing Ox in a few months, maybe I'll see you in town! I'd say we could have a beer but Shish is dry, right? How about a snow cone?

CGSwimmer are you going guided or self guided?