Thread: Ice Thickness?

Default Ice Thickness?

What are you finding for ice thickness when you go out? Like at Harding?

Just wondering if it's about time to head out in the plane on skis.

I appreciate the input.

Truck went throught the ice at Seymor Lake Tuesday. Be careful out there. Short walk will get you there just as quick

5 inches of clear and 3 inches of milk with some overflow in Meadow Lakes this morning. Bout six inches of snow on top.

I had to look up where Meadow Seymor Lakes were. Thanks for the input.

I'm wanting to head out west of Nenana so if anyone has any ice reports from the Fairbanks or Interior area that would be great.

Thanks again.

Harding was about 6 inches of clear ice and 4 inches of cloudy ice today. I saw evidence of overflow and pressure ridges about the lake. We have been only walking out on the lake no vehicles I have seen.

Quartz was about 9 inches thick and clear about a week ago. we drove out about 50 feet near the boat ramp, that was far enough until it gets a little thicker for me, I think someone in a side by side was out plowing a road around the edges.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

diamond was about 8-10 inches 50 yards form shore.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

You catch any fish FFG? I want to put my neighbors boys on some fish this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    You catch any fish FFG? I want to put my neighbors boys on some fish this weekend.
    Ya I did, made a thread too, I'd be glad to meet ya out there and show you some spots. if you have a snow machine tha'd be good you could get into some better fishing or if you want to walk a half mile or so (across the lake), but I know of some good spots that are easy to walk to, with in 1 or 2 hundred yards.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.