Thread: Nunivak Island Muskox hunting TV episode today sunday only

Smile Nunivak Island Muskox hunting TV episode today sunday only

Today we air a new show hunting muskox on Nunivak Island 3:30pm CBS Alaska statewide. Only chance to catch the show before it goes to Outdoor Channel for 2012. 1/2 hr show isn't enough to really show off the hunt but it gives you an idea of what the FALL hunt is like. We were very luck to be able to film this hunt, so enjoy.
    Alaska CBS 3:30pm today - one time airing.

-Tim
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Bummer, most of your show was pre-empted by the OT ball game. Caught the last 5 min. Any chance of them showing it late night soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Trapak View Post
    Bummer, most of your show was pre-empted by the OT ball game. Caught the last 5 min. Any chance of them showing it late night soon?
    Ya, now that I'm done screaming. I'll reschedule it again for next Sunday. :-) I'll post here if by some chance we get it scheduled as a make good during this coming week.

Wow thanks for the heads up. I definitely would like to watch this program.

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    Ya, now that I'm done screaming. I'll reschedule it again for next Sunday. :-) I'll post here if by some chance we get it scheduled as a make good during this coming week.
    The Heidi Game or Heidi Bowl was an American football game played on November 17, 1968. The home team, the Oakland Raiders, defeated the New York Jets, 4332. The game is remembered for its exciting finish, as Oakland scored two touchdowns in the final minute to overcome a 3229 New York lead. The Heidi Game obtained its name because the National Broadcasting Company (NBC) controversially broke away from the game with the Jets still winning to air the television film Heidi at 7 p.m. in the Eastern Time Zone.

the game yesterday sucked I rather watch the hunting show.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    the game yesterday sucked I rather watch the hunting show.
    Roger that. I think Heidi would have been more exciting than that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Roger that. I think Heidi would have been more exciting than that game.
    I concur with that statement....

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I concur with that statement....
    Well, ya, I wasn't screaming because I was excited to watch football run over 50 minutes I did confirm today and the show will replay next coming Sunday 3:30pm Anch...4pm FBKS. Besides, I watched my one NFL game this year, on turkey day...that was an ok game.

This show is scheduled to air Dec 4 3:30pm KTVA CBS Anchorage & South East Alaska / 4pm in Fairbanks on CBS Ch 13. Many have interest in this hunt so I thought we'd get a special airing in Alaska before Outdoor Channel in January. This was the fall draw tag hunt. Link to short video clip. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

the video was ok at best. for tv production, the volume was poor quality and the video was average. wish they would have showed the other 1/2 of the the hunt, to include: the musk ox caping, field care both meat and hide, and the pack out. ie. more of the logistics and difficult part of the hunt. it was nice to see the island but i was disappointed in the quality of the production for the hype.

Was good. I enjoyed it.
    I wish there were more musk oxen herds scattered around the state.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrhunter View Post
    the video was ok at best. for tv production, the volume was poor quality and the video was average. wish they would have showed the other 1/2 of the the hunt, to include: the musk ox caping, field care both meat and hide, and the pack out. ie. more of the logistics and difficult part of the hunt. it was nice to see the island but i was disappointed in the quality of the production for the hype.

I didn't watch the show so I can't comment. But I share your thoughts on all the after-hunt stuff. I don't understand why more hunting shows don't do exactly that. Talk about the weapon used, how it performed, etc. That would be a great show.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

the only thing I didn't like was I don't have cable or dish or what ever it is, but we are house sitting and this was the last week I could watch it. Wish I could see more of them. is there a place on the internet I can watch other episodes?
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    the only thing I didn't like was I don't have cable or dish or what ever it is, but we are house sitting and this was the last week I could watch it. Wish I could see more of them. is there a place on the internet I can watch other episodes?
    We have one full episode available on our YouTube Channel. At this time, there's no plan to place any additional free episodes online. Appreciate you tuning in when you have the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrhunter View Post

Shane,

Point taken on the video/quality issue regarding the CBS broadcast and we're working with the stations to help them correct the issue, which is at their end. Unfortunately the CBS broadcast at this time is NOT in high-definition however the series airs nationally Outdoor Channel in full HD January to June 2012, season II premieres 12.31.11. AS for as liking/not liking the show that's a personal choice and I've learned in 30 years of producing television you can't please everyone. This show is a Alaskan lifestyle series, not an educational forum for outdoorsmen which has been explained before. There's plenty of how-2 DVDs available for that, and unlike YouTube where everyone is a TeeVee producer; TV networks (and sponsors) require producers to follow guidelines as outlined in their agreements, and field dressing/caping or boning out a bloody animal is strictly prohibited by all 'major' sports networks, so now you know. Travel Channel/TLC has been the only major network to make an exception to this rule recently with the Palin episode, and now the Wild Within series. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to show more in the future, but than again, you can only show so much in a 22 minute show.

More of the logistics and difficult part? was covered. But not to the extent that you could cover in an hour video on YouTube ;-) Many folks are misguided into thinking this muskox hunt is a slam dunk, due to stories of chasing them down on winter snowmachine hunts. The fall hunt is tough, 6 days and 30+ miles of hiking tundra and we were lucky to find the two we did take. Pack out? we called our transporter who brought us out by ATV. I wouldn't consider that very exciting TV.

tlingitwarror,

Appreciate the feedback. Plenty of shows discuss product and performance, to the point of being infomercials. We've just recently reached out to companies we would personally endorse and already use their products in the field. Browning is our first paid sponsor to sign and they'll be more paid product placements in the future. But never a product we don't believe in. Talking about a products performance is, product placement.

Tim

CBS is way behind the curve in picture quality. I always hate when they broadcast something I really want to see (especially sports) because I know the picture quality is going to be poor.

great explanations tim. CBS is lacking in many aspects. looking forward to your shows on outdoor channel in HD. in many instances it's not the gripe with the field producers or those involved with the boots on the ground making of the shows, it is the limitations the OD channel or other outdoor/hunting networks put on their aired shows with which i have a problem. it doesn't allow the producers to "show" the hunt, including: the kill, field care, etc... correct on the hr. youtube video. it's not worth the time and it wont be done on this forum again. just raises red flags from many folks and unintentionally invites people to bombard the area you hunt. good luck with your show. i enjoy good shows on the OD channel! thanks