Thread: Use frequent flyer miles from lower 48 to deadhorse

Default Use frequent flyer miles from lower 48 to deadhorse

In early stages of planning a drop camp hunt for caribou in 2013. I have a lot of frequent flyer miles on Delta which is partnered with Alaska airlines. Has anyone used their miles to go from lower 48 to deadhorse ? They say 25,000 miles from/to any destination in the continental US. Can I go all the way to deadhorse using only 25,000 miles ?

contiguous or continental?

Here's the wording on Delta: Within Continental US, Alaska and Canada. It sure sounds like Alaska is included, unless that's only Anchorage or Fairbanks. I hope I can use the miles to book all the way to Deadhorse using only 25,000 miles.

It's possible, but anymore these days I rarely get a 25,000 mile ticket unless I book 6 months in advance. Fall of 2013 is almost two years away and lots can change before then.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    It's possible, but anymore these days I rarely get a 25,000 mile ticket unless I book 6 months in advance. Fall of 2013 is almost two years away and lots can change before then.
    There are plenty of 25,000 mile tickets out there, even w/short notice, though they generally are for flights that are for off-peak times and dates. If you're trying to use miles for dates during spring break, holidays and other peak times, you will need to plan as far ahead as possible (like AKDoug). Good luck...

The biggest problem you will have is that Delta does not fly to Deadhorse. Alaska air does and they are a partner airline but it will cost you more. Go to delta and try and book a trip but don't finalize it. That should give you a rough estimate.

I just booked a round trip flight from Anchorage to Washington D.C. for 32,500 miles and 10 bucks. That was the best deal I could get, and it was booked 5 months in advance. Just something to think about.

Woody, that has been my experience also now. 32,500 seems to be the norm.