Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good grief...

Default Good grief...

when I get bullets or gun related items that you have to be 18 for, I tell the cashier what I want and give mom my money and she pays for it and all is merry. I went into freds last week and the guy said that he couldn't give them to mom cause he knew that she was gonna give it to me. I told him I'm a legal hunter and produced my hunter safety card and everything, and he didn't give a crap. Why on earth cant I get bullets till I'm 18 when I'm a legal hunter? thats pretty dumb. Chemos doesn't care. I would think that you should be able to buy ammo if you have a licence and a hunter safety card (i don't have a licence but it seems that somebody who does should be able to get it)......I can see thier point, but its still dumb

And whats totaly stupid is that unless you "get lucky" if you will, that you can't hold a gun unless your parent is there or they are holding onto the gun. sometimes I hate being 15 cause people think I'm just another punk teenage who wants to get into trouble. Aidee.......
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Default Good grief indeed!

Good questions all. Not really any good answers tho.

Pretty soon you'll be old enough to get drafted, go off to someplace you have no business being, and get your ass shot off. But at the same time you won't be old enough to buy a beer....

Bureaucratic rules don't often make a lot of sense. You just have to endure the stupidity for a few years... But then before you know it, you'll be an old man with gray hair, so don't sweat it too much.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Legally a parent can give a kid ammo so the guy was wrong. As far as the other stuff, Just let it go and enjoy your youth! It will be over in no time and then all these rules designed to save you from yourself will be out of the way.

The man must be thinking your mom is pulling off a "Straw purchas" where you are actually the intended recipiant of a controlled object/substance, in this case its actually illegal to purchase guns or ammo by someone who is leagl to do so, for some one who is not legal to do so. If that was his take, he was protecting his busniess and gun licenseing.
    I belive your mother can buy them for you, but must be "in control' during the purchas (So say nothing) and if, as your mother she chooses to provide you with such, quite legally, she can.

She is, indeed , responsible for you.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

On the other hand he has every right to refuse service to you if he wants. Doesn't matter if you are buying ammo or toilet paper.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Gee, what has this world come to. When I was 12 my uncle gave me a 22. I would walk over to the hardware store gun in hand and buy a box of 22's for 29 cents. i'd slip into the woods and bag a couple gray squirrels and Mom would cook them up for my supper.
    +1 to what stranger said. Let mom buy then when you get home it's all yours. You sure make me proud with your maturity.
    Have a good winter and post some stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    On the other hand he has every right to refuse service to you if he wants. Doesn't matter if you are buying ammo or toilet paper.
    And with good reason! Do you know how dangerous a 15 year old kid can be with a roll of toilet paper?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    And with good reason! Do you know how dangerous a 15 year old kid can be with a roll of toilet paper?
    Ohh you wouldn't believe it. a friend of mine who has his piolts licence (he is 17, but after all, your an idiot till your 18, and once you turn 21, well then you can hold your liquor) and we buzzed my house. and threw a roll of toilet paper out the window. darn near blew a hole in the roof! nothing like a 5.50 caliber going 20 Ft/sec.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

There's a draft now???? Huh

They sell youth rifles for youths yet a youth can't legally buy ammo for it... The youth turnes 16 and now is legal to hunt on his own, with a hunters safety card, but can't have his parents buy him ammo because they won't be in control of it while he is hunting alone. That makes absolutly no sense at all. But if you play the game then all is good. When are we going to stop the maddness?

Next time tell him "gator wants his bullets punk ass *****" works every time.

I was in Arizona years and years ago at a Target, they were giving free samples of laundry soap. Being broke and in collage I thought it would be great to sample the free stuff...I forgot my license and couldn't prove I was 18...

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    They sell youth rifles for youths yet a youth can't legally buy ammo for it... The youth turnes 16 and now is legal to hunt on his own, with a hunters safety card, but can't have his parents buy him ammo because they won't be in control of it while he is hunting alone. That makes absolutly no sense at all. But if you play the game then all is good. When are we going to stop the maddness?
    as long as you have your card you can hunt alone it doesn't matter how old you are, except maybe for big game, untill you are 10 you have to shoot it on your dads licence, not sure if he has to be present or not. if he is present you don't need the card anyway.

You need it if you are carrying your own tags.

In the 90's we sold kids 16 and up rifle ammo but could not sell them pistol ammo.Haines is a small town so I told the kids when buying 44 or 45 colt say you need ammo for you lever action and 9mm and 45acp was for they camp carbines and all was well.Heck it was always charged to their folks ticket anyway. When just seventeen the government gave me smokes in my C-rations
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    When are we going to stop the maddness?
    Just as soon as all people start taking responsibility for their own actions, and all the lawyers are at the bottom of the sea. (Don't hold your breath).
    #Resist

That really sucks but good job keeping your head!

Amigo Will I used to do just that once they passed that stupid law, but it didn't work the first time I tried it right after the guy told me I could not purchase handgun ammo. "uhhh I mean I am buying it for my rifle" nice try see you next time kid.

And I remember when (in Jr. High) we took our firearms to school (on the school bus) and put them in our locker or the cloak room. And had the bus driver drop us off on the otherside of the mountain so we could hunt on the walk home, for family food. (the 50's was a great time to be alive in America).

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Legally a parent can give a kid ammo so the guy was wrong. As far as the other stuff, Just let it go and enjoy your youth! It will be over in no time and then all these rules designed to save you from yourself will be out of the way.
    LuJon is spot on here, the dude was way off. I'd encourage you to find somewhere else to buy your ammo. Three Bears and most gun shops will beat Fred Meyers price any how...

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    And I remember when (in Jr. High) we took our firearms to school (on the school bus) and put them in our locker or the cloak room. And had the bus driver drop us off on the otherside of the mountain so we could hunt on the walk home, for family food. (the 50's was a great time to be alive in America).
    Even as late as the 80's we'd park our rigs in the school parking lot with rifles in the rack. Living rural there where multiple seasons to avail ourselves of on the way to and from school. Hell, wasn't unheard of for a teacher/principal/counselor to see the guns and ask the student if they could "check one of them out" during lunch as they had wanted to buy that particular firearm, and would like to lay hands on it. I recall a few guys bringing their rifles into woodshop to do stock modifications/customizing/etc. as well.

Anyone feeling safer yet with the continuation of the Nanny State we are building for ourselves?
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast