Thread: Are the Nellie Juan or Kings Rivers navigable?

Default Are the Nellie Juan or Kings Rivers navigable?

Wondering whether or not it is possible to navigate either of these rivers. Are they highly braided, rocky, high-flow, waterfalls, etc. Has anyone taken a powerboat up either river? My main interest is really the Nellie Juan so as to gain access to the lake above...

I beached my boat and camped at the mouth of Nellie Juan some years ago moose hunting and at the time I don't think you could get into the river at all at low tide. Then it came a down pour for a couple of days and the river braided and went around us turning our site into an island. We broke camp and when the tide came back up and floated my boat we left and I nicked my prop trying to leave. We were in an 18 foot boat with a 150 Outboard and 15 kicker.

Nope http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...lie-Juan-River I've actually snowmachined a portion of the Kings River valley and it's gradient is so steep I very much doubt a boat could do it either.

Yikes! I like adventure but those sound like they are out of control. I'll stick to the "Lazy River" at H2Oasis...thanks for the info link.

King is not one to go up, matter a fact I heard rafting down is near impossible